Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: \'Mr. Brooks\'. How is this movie not getting talked about? No spoi

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard costner and hurt are fantastic but the other storylines--demi/dane cook sucks major dick and hurt the film .

[/ QUOTE ]

fyc
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM

My girlfriend dragged me to this movie. The whole William Hurt part of the movie was totally lame, Dane Cook was terrible, the plot was stupid, and Demi Moore was a bad actress (although hot). I do not reccomend.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There IS no similar genre and that's one of the great things about this movie. It's fresh. Sure, there are movies with these elements separately but not brought together like this.

If I had to list movies that I like because I think they were different from everything else I'd pick movies like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', 'Brazil', 'Adaptation', 'Memento' and 'Requiem for a Dream' as examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard, while I'd tend to trust your judgment, Hurt is coming off the worst performance of his career, Demi hasn't done a thing in forever, Dane Cook is unbearable, Panabaker is cute but <<<<<Hathaway, and it's f'crisssweetsakes a freaking COSTNERAMENT!

Surely you can't be saying MB is remotely on the level of the five movies you mentioned above....? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Not to mention the whole serial killaz is really good guyz deep down impression. The reviews made it sound just like an awful script, forget the casting.

That said I can prolly see it for free tomorrow and with cheap beer to boot, but still. Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mentioned above that it doesn't really rate with those other movies but I was trying to put it in with a group of movies that look at 'been there, done that' stuff with a fresh eye.

I thought Hurt was great in this part. Moore was decent enough and could use the boost to her career. You've got to see Panabaker in this movie. She's very similar looking to Hathaway to begin with and is as pretty as they come. She's only 19 and played her part well. I'm really looking forward to her future roles.

I've been as disappointed with most of Costner's movies as everybody else even though I actually liked Waterworld. In THIS movie, though, he's good imo, finally! Really, it's as if the role was written for him.

I think the movie is certainly worth a look. Don't take the kiddies or anybody who's prone to nightmares.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:26 AM

I watched it online and the end of it got cut off. I didn't even mind.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched it online and the end of it got cut off. I didn't even mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. Judging by the replies in this thread ppl either love or hate the movie. No middle ground. That's different in itself.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Cute!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM

She's hot as hell in the movie. Shes on the CBS show with....what's his name who plays poker (he's a genius, no?).
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She's hot as hell in the movie. Shes on the CBS show with....what's his name who plays poker (he's a genius, no?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Shark. James Woods.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM

i agree with a lot of the early analysis in this thread. good movie, and it was really nice to watch without ever seeing a trailer for it in advance. All i knew is that it was about Kevin Costner being a killer. After seeing all the sequels that have recently came out (pirates, shrek, fantastic 4, um and whatever that fourth/fifth one was), I think this is one of the better (maybe best?) movies to come out this season(knocked up was way overrated, but good).

on the con side, the premise and plot is very cheesy/silly. i can't say more without getting spoily, but it wasn't that bad unless you are the type of person that has a very hard time suspending disbelief for the sake of a movie.

Also, people trashing on dane cook are just haters imo. its so cool to think dane cook is a tool for some reason. I think its a good point that cook's character was written very poorly and acted very very unrealistically (the character not dane), but its not like he got to write his part, his acting was fine. better than fine imo. and no i am not a dane cook fanboy. in fact i think he is a tool, so that makes me cool right?