Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 AM

Default 5NL: AA vs unkown villain

The villain had only just sat down and I hadn't seen him play any hands. I think he might have been there for about 3-4 hands. In these situations where villain is an unknown/no reads is best to give little credit for his play?

I thought at the time with the min bet villain could be playing KQo, KQs, AQo, AQs maybe QJs. This is because he min raised first in and the continuation type bet on the flop.

Basically I'm asking is this the type of situation where I should be all in?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.04 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1.66
BB: $2.68
UTG: $4.93
UTG+1: $5.97
MP1: $4.66
MP2: $2.91
Hero (CO): $5.14
BTN: $5.28

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $0.08</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.22

Flop: ($0.66) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero ????
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: 5NL: AA vs unkown villain

I'd probably just call here
Old 06-29-2007, 05:28 AM

Calling should be fine. Be prepared to a fold, if you really face resistance later on turn or river.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:58 AM

On the whole, Im not very keen on all in bets with AA unless I can get it in preflop. AA is just a pair and it's not that hard to beat it with a lucky flop.

I dunno what his minraise means preflop, I sometimes get the feeling at NL5 and 10 that some ppl think they're playing limit, or they just press the "bet" button without sizing it. So, he could have just about anything. But the only hands you fear are QQ and A6 here I think, in my experience most guys at that level don't bet a flush draw, they just hope for a free card. Neither are really that likely given how many different hands he could have, but he is betting the flop out of turn here and that suggests that he might have something a bit special. There's no sense in asking for trouble, just aim for a cheap showdown.