Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Default LC: Bonus Whores (US vs non-US players)

Do US players still bonus whore? I see all these bonus threads on 2+2, and all the players that still attempt them, and I'm baffled.

Does it still work? How many sites realistically can we still play on? I thought that only stars and FTP and maybe UB were the only easy sites to get money in and out of.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: LC: Bonus Whores (US vs non-US players)

You need to move to Europe. Plenty whoring and poker winnings are 100% tax free. I can't understand why you guys haven't all arrived already (no you can't live in my spare room).
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to move to Europe. Plenty whoring and poker winnings are 100% tax free. I can't understand why you guys haven't all arrived already (no you can't live in my spare room).

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the cost of living much higher? Also the fact that the Euro is crushing the dollar right now.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 PM

plus...many of us aren't pro??? lol. i'm going to move to europe for an extra 100 bucks a month no thank you.

i do love europe though.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:26 PM

80k in winnings here is probably worth 60k there, even with taxes taken out.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be so, its certainly cheaper to live in the US, but do you really only pay 25% tax? ANyhow, we get free healthcare, low crime, gun control and less fat kids (I love the US but I hate fat children and the US is full of them)

Anyhow, I read that to avoid US taxes you have to give up US citizenship even if you move abroad, who would want to do that for the love of poker I wonder!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be so, its certainly cheaper to live in the US, but do you really only pay 25% tax? ANyhow, we get free healthcare, low crime, gun control and less fat kids (I love the US but I hate fat children and the US is full of them)

Anyhow, I read that to avoid US taxes you have to give up US citizenship even if you move abroad, who would want to do that for the love of poker I wonder!

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate fat kids, I just don't think it's worth it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we pay far more than 25%, its just not all called federal income tax. We have real-estate taxes, state income taxes, social security tax (~9% right there) on your wages, sales tax, etc...etc, gas taxes, alcohol tax, cigarette taxes, (basically most vices are taxed in some way). Also, as your income goes up so does your income tax rate. We are nickel and dimed to death with taxes.

"Govt. do take a bite, don't she?"

Extra credit if you can name the movie.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Govt. do take a bite, don't she?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocky III ?

[ QUOTE ]
No, we pay far more than 25%, its just not all called federal income tax

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think most average people pay more like 30%, much more if you are rich.

[ QUOTE ]
We are nickel and dimed to death with taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they take a death tax out of our estate on top of that!

But I always thought we paid less in taxes than alot of european countries did, but we had alot less public services like universal healthcare and free college etc.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we pay far more than 25%, its just not all called federal income tax. We have real-estate taxes, state income taxes, social security tax (~9% right there) on your wages, sales tax, etc...etc, gas taxes, alcohol tax, cigarette taxes, (basically most vices are taxed in some way). Also, as your income goes up so does your income tax rate. We are nickel and dimed to death with taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty safe to assume that the overall USA tax rate approaches 50% of Gross Income when all taxes are taken into account.