Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 10/25 deep 4bet pot big draw

[ QUOTE ]
His bet is so weird, like its sort of player dependent to try to put him on a range there. I'd probably push without much thought and focus on another table.. =/

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh this is kind of a gross spot, the thing is that i think we have a reasonable amount of fold equity. i could definitely see someone taking this line with ak or aa as kind of a price out [censored] hands op's cbetting, get control of this street and the next, and have a relatively easy fold to a shove. obv he could just call those too and could be doing this with kk or jj. i dont know if hes calling 3bet lights enough that you want to expand his range past huge hands, but he could also be [censored] with you... im not really jacked about getting it in cause its like nfd gutter omg allin, but it helps that we have decent equity when called and i can definitely see him folding a bunch.

a call becomes more enticing the more likely he is to get it in on t's or hearts... pretty player dependent, although he'll likely not give you credit for suited hands (akhh's out) or aq if you havent been 4betting him much (even if he does give you aq its gotta be aqhh) and be forced to get it in on nut turns for you if he has a strong hand...

i think calls the safe play, but that shove could be more +ev if you had a read that made it that.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:27 PM

its a trap! call!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

why not reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM

wtffff jam
Old 04-20-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

why not reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a set a ton here. I mean, he cold calls a 4 bet from and utg raiser. That said, you have some equity, so I think you can call and pray a heart or 10 peels. I don't think shoving makes much sense as he is huge here like always.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

why not reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with AZK here.

If you havent really 4bet this session much (I dunno if you have much 4b history), I dont think AQs would be in your range here, esp. UTG. So i think if you call you still preserve your implied odds. Weird spot for sure though.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

why not reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

if all the money goes in, you are way behind.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:35 PM

I like preflop esp 4handed. flop I would atleast consider checking and possibly calling, or maybe raising I'm not sure. only thing that sucks with check calling is that he can put us on a Q (specifically QQ) if a T comes off, unless you think he's agro enough to represent the Q to push us off AK/AA? ,so you can c/c c/c c/r or something. I dunno. I don't like check raising too much here, I'd like it better with a little smaller stacks(so you can c/r ai) but now I don't think you'll get action from much/anything worse except maybe T8hh specifically.

As played I think I would call unless I thought of villain as a better player than me(if so I would probably not play at this table though) and capable of pushing me off my hand on later streets with something less than 2pair/set. the next 2 streets can get very difficult to play however, and it's really hard to say something general here

Does anyone like calling now and checking possibly to check/raise allin on a blankish turn? I guess it depends on how aggressive villain is and this isn't really stated in the op, but it's ub so I'll assume he is
Old 04-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Sub with this much money in front of u its definitely a call...im too lazy to do the math but ur going to have a lot of money left on the turn...u can reevaulate things on the turn and play accordingly. If u do hit ur card ram it on the turn..if u dont u may still have odds to check call a psb.

That being said, if u have 100bb stax...a 4 bet pflop and the massive draw that u have just shove and hope to bust his set becuase that is what he has here in my experience.

Howd thos flips go with tramb btw?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:47 PM

How about just reraising? I think this is one of those rare spots where a reraise gets more respect than a shove. You also might be able to check-fold if he decides to flat and the board pairs.

This spot sucks though, I think just calling the flop is probably best. Either you are a coinflip or about 25%. I think its very rare that he min-reraises something he can fold after a 4bet.