Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Beat: The dumb things I\'ve done playing online

WP on quad kings.

I've folded ace PF twice in cash when I had to run and take a piss a really bad. Not really dumb perse, but pissing my pants and ruining my leather chair < folding aces PF. I should seriously employ the 'Joe is Pro episode 2' (if you don't know go YouTube) of leaving a bowl underneath my desk for those emergency type situations.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've done some dumb things playing online, not just mistakes in my play, but just stupid, brain dead things. A couple of examples:

- heads up in a STT, on the button, with a 3 to 2 chip lead, had AKo, flop came KKK. Wanting to slow play, I clicked the 'check' box, so the guy would think my quick check meant I was done with the hand. Of course, the box I checked was the check/FOLD box, the guy bets, I muck my quad K's.

- another STT, this time a satellite into an FTOPS tourney. I get excited about the chip leader busting 4th place, so that us remaining three get our seats. Start getting some strange chat, asking why I'm pushing every hand, I tell them they're idiots and to mind their own business. I busted for second. Turns out to be a winner take all satellite into a different FTOPS tourney.

Anyone else done these types of things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold AK on a KKK flop though? You had the best possible kicker so you don't have to worry about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololololololololololololololol
Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you fold AK on a KKK flop though? You had the best possible kicker so you don't have to worry about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent could have KK, moran.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM

In a 200NL game last nite, tons of chat going back and forth and lots of reraises. I open from btn with KK SB repops and BB pushes, I am to busy typing chat and time out/fold. SB shows QQ, BB shows KQ.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've done some dumb things playing online, not just mistakes in my play, but just stupid, brain dead things. A couple of examples:

- heads up in a STT, on the button, with a 3 to 2 chip lead, had AKo, flop came KKK. Wanting to slow play, I clicked the 'check' box, so the guy would think my quick check meant I was done with the hand. Of course, the box I checked was the check/FOLD box, the guy bets, I muck my quad K's.

- another STT, this time a satellite into an FTOPS tourney. I get excited about the chip leader busting 4th place, so that us remaining three get our seats. Start getting some strange chat, asking why I'm pushing every hand, I tell them they're idiots and to mind their own business. I busted for second. Turns out to be a winner take all satellite into a different FTOPS tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only four kings in the deck, why do you have to worry about kicker?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl not a level
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM

i timed out this morning with a fullhouse, and a donk was betting at me. i was playing three tables, i wanted to think about the hand,folded the other tables and than decided i had the best hand went to check raise and time ran out.

When i really thought about it i know i had the best hand and would have felted them for 30 bucks.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only four kings in the deck, why do you have to worry about kicker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having the A halfs the chance of getting beaten. Before he would be able to beat you if he held AA and turn and rivers the quads, if you have the A he has to turn and river the straight flush. ducy ldo?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 AM

I did the same thing as OP once when I flopped the nut straight, I was pissed.