Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: 25/50, 88 flopped a set, villain aggression on the turn...

[ QUOTE ]
I hope real replies come in or else I would have to agree with whomever that said "this is the HSNL forum where high stakes strategy is not discussed".

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

You have three of a kind btw.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never fold a set and you will do well in the unlimited hold them.

Just shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's obviously not folding to a shove because by his betsize he knows it's 1/8th pot for him to call my shove. So in that scenario you still think a low set here will hold?

[/ QUOTE ]
i mean he could spike on you
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 AM

At this point you look like AJ, AK, or maybe a Ax heart sooted. No way he puts you on trips.

If he has "nuts", he is in danger of flush draw or AK str8 draw, and wants to take away ur odds. There's enuf money in the pot already. A better move would be to just bet the pot, setting up 5th street for more action, but the bird in the hand is tempting.

If JJ or QQ, he should have raised PF, and would not be trying to push you out so hard, since he can make fh.

So many other hands he could have, including AJ, AQ, AA, KK, PP, 2pr, str8 draw etc.

The key is, you have trips, he doesn't know it.

I wouldn't say never fold trips, but you need a good reason. Over-sets and nut str8's are low prob. and not a good reason. Ur supposed to lose to those hands. Against ur aggressive friend, this is a perfect spot to call. Even if you lose, now he'll think ur trappy when he sees the set.

The real HSNL game is the head game, after all. So really, discussions about hands and card strategy are by definition an avoidance of HSNL strategy. No one is gonna post that for free in 2+2 forum.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$25/50

2 folds, Hero raises to $220

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Standard for you?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope real replies come in or else I would have to agree with whomever that said "this is the HSNL forum where high stakes strategy is not discussed".

[/ QUOTE ]

just because this hand takes place at 25/50 does not mean it's high stakes strategy
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just because this hand takes place at 25/50 does not mean it's high stakes strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe Krantz just replied, because I was thinking about him after my post above. Let me relate an example of Krantz strategy.

I watched Krantz destroy Gus Hanson over a lengthy session. Gus was burning through buy-in after buy-in, minutes apart. The final tab was around $300,000.

After the session ended, Gus commented that his review of the hands showed that he should have won (if not for Krantz suck-outs). I approximately quote the Krantz response from memory:

"I was in God mode.

Anyway, you know it (Full Tilt) is rigged."

Now THAT is real HSNL strategy, even if it was likely wasted on Gus Hanson.

So, my thought about this hand is that Krantz would call. Even if he was behind, there was a decent chance to river a FH or quads, thus tilting his opponent out of 4 or 5 more buy-ins. Therefore, the psych-odds were good.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe Krantz just replied, because I was thinking about him after my post above. Let me relate an example of Krantz strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on, be honest, you think about me in the shower too
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on, be honest, you think about me in the shower too

[/ QUOTE ]
Who didn't see this coming?