Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Cotto Vs Mosley

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/7427142

interesting mix of opinions. Still leaning towards Shane, hoping for better price, hoping that people will take the undefeated guy over the 4 loss guy. It should be exciting.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though Mosley has the handspeed and technique edge, he's fundamentally an aggressor. He also isn't the ridiculous combination-punching machine he was a couple of divisions lower. He hasn't really shown one-punch power above 135. Torres and Judah are much bigger punchers, and even though they hurt Cotto, they couldn't finish him. I'd be surprised by an early Mosley KO.

Mosley isn't Mayweather- he's going to come forward, since that's just what he does, and he's going to get hit to the body, and he's probably going to get hit to the body a lot. Can Mosley, at 36, post-BALCO, take those shots and still be effective in the second half of the fight, or is he going to get broken down like everybody else Cotto has faced? That's the theme of this fight IMO.

I don't begin to know how to objectively cap something like that, since Mosley hasn't faced a sick body puncher since at least 2000 (if ever, I don't know all of the early names he's beaten). Cotto has fought A-/B+ level guys with much better handspeed and beaten them anyway.

Cotto -150, which is 60% to win, doesn't seem that far out of line. Put a gun to my head, and I'm taking Cotto -150, but it's not a fight I'm looking to jump on heavy since the central theme is so hard to cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, you put it perfectly. This is exactly how I feel about the fight. I suspect that Mosely won't be able to handle the pace and body attack that Cotto will bring, and whether or not he can will decide the fight. Can Cotto impose his will and force Mosely to fight at his pace?

Because Mosely has not fought anyone who fights like Cotto in recent memory, I find it hard to handicap this fight. I can't remember him ever facing a young, strong, aggressive fighter who will force the pace and pound the body. I am not gonna touch either side.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mosley isn't Mayweather- he's going to come forward, since that's just what he does, and he's going to get hit to the body, and he's probably going to get hit to the body a lot. Can Mosley, at 36, post-BALCO, take those shots and still be effective in the second half of the fight, or is he going to get broken down like everybody else Cotto has faced? That's the theme of this fight IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I feel also, well said...however, I can see it unfolding exactly like this, with a 6-9th round knockout from Cotto.

I like Cotto +425 to KO/TKO/DQ for 4u
Old 11-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Creo que Cotto le va a matar. Cotto KO < 7.

Viva Puerto Rico!!!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 AM

Did Cotto still look like a good bet to you guys @ -145 and worse?