Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Note to James. & Haupt re: SSHE vs MSHE

Hey guys,

I'm not sure which one of you moved Hyperrrprank's 9/18 hand to Medium Stakes, but he's feeling jerked around because I moved his last 9/18 hand to SS, and you moved his recent 9/18 hand to MS.

In my sticky for the past year, Medium Stakes has been 10/20 and higher, and most of the hands posted there are 15/30, 20/40, 30/60, and 40/80.

Since I see 10/20 sometimes in SS, and definitely 8/16 hands, I think it's best to keep 9/18 in Small Stakes. Not just because of the dollar limit, but because 9/18 is a B&M game only (right?) and live games like that really play like small stakes -- where strategies apply much better to the SSHE style of play than to the MSHE style.

I liken 9/18 to 3/6 FR online, whereas 30/60 and 40/80 play much differently (or, they should).
Old 08-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Note to James. & Haupt re: SSHE vs MSHE

there's a post of mine in small stakes that's 10/20. if i think it will spark good discussion and is applicable to concepts that we are trying to grapple, i won't move a post because the stakes are too high or too low. i'm not saying it's right or wrong, i just don't normally do it if the benefits outweigh the fact that it isn't exactly "small stakes".

so it wasn't me.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Are you sure it didn't come from a NL forum?

Moving misposted NL hands out of SSSH (a limit forum) is one of my primary functions and I feel like I'm always guessing about which forum to send things to.

So maybe your OP accidentally misposted to NL and the mod there guessed wrong about where to send it?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Maybe, but he says he posted in Small Stakes Limit and it got moved to Medium Stakes Limit. There's no way for me to know if he's telling the truth.

But yeah, I too am having to move a lot of Medium Stakes NL hands away from my forum.

EDIT: I think all us mods in the strategy forums should clearly identify the stakes/parameters of our homes.

My sticky says Medium Stakes Limit is 10/20-40/80. I don't see any such sticky in Small Stakes or some other forums. Can we all do this or at least have a thread in here that firmly identifies where certain stakes go? Again I'm not for strict rules, I just mean I want to know what people's general guidelines are for default, understanding we all can be flexible.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 PM

uNL : .25/.50-
SSNL: .5/1 - 1/2
MSNL: 2/4-10/20
HSNL: 10/20+
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM

fwiw, i saw where the post had been moved out of SSLHE to MSLHE. it had the little arrow/pointer thingy saying the post had been moved.

i assume Haupt did it, which is fine if we're going to be consistent. thing is, as i said before, i haven't been stipulating exact limits as a means to dictate what posts are allowed in small stakes. i just want the concepts to be applicable to where the "average" small stakes poster is in strategy development.

i'll be glad to add stipulations to the sticky if it will help the other forums, but i won't necessarily adhere to them as long as the content is pertinent.

edit to say: most of the gray area comes in the live games. we can set guidelines all day long, but if a live 20/40 plays like an online 5/10 game it should probably be in small stakes.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 PM

Why not make the front page of the limit section look like that of the PL and NL section?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Because a bunch of mods complained about people confusing Limit and NL and made Ryan set it up like that.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because a bunch of mods complained about people confusing Limit and NL and made Ryan set it up like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i'm not one of those that were in complaint to influence that decision.

while it's slowed down as of late, you have no idea how many NL posts i was getting in the SSLHE forum. it didn't help alot of OP's would do multiple hand posts and inundate the forum; it would really clutter the front page.

hell, now that i think about it, i get NL pm's mistakenly thinking i'm the SS NL mod. i usually try to redirect or help out whatever way i can, but the point is that the confusion occur pretty frequently. whatever we can do to avoid the confusion is going to benefit the OP and the limit mods tremendously.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:12 AM

I hadn't noticed that the NL forums in the index don't contain "No Limit" in their names anywhere. Do we think that would help anything?

I'm still pulling to get the names of the limit forums on the sidebar appended with "LHE" and the names of the NL forums appended with "NL," but oh well.