Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

im thenogre, i play 400 nl + and im sure ive played with many of you.

ArmandoGB is my protege and currently is playing 200 nl but did go through 100 nl recently.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have many FT NL200 hands in my latest dbase, but seeing 0_drunkenboxer, mariojr and full_tilting as big losers is pleasing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

drunkenboxer has been playing for like 10 hours straight never timing out, never taking a break. very timing specific. I am convinced it is a bot.

Predictable bot though, has some flaws.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 AM

Hey MineTZ, are you currently a UIUC undergrad? I live pretty close and tons of my friends go there, but I went to school in the Northeast?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 AM

yea i am going into my junior year.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I buy in for 40bb. This is not shortstackng. Shortstacking is when you buy in min (20bb) and leave when you double. I don't do that. If I drop to 20bb I rebuy to 40bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is better than fullstacking because...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 PM

So I guess I just dont get it. I have 12-tabled for 7 consecutive hrs before, on multiple occasions. I like to play a lot of hands and get through the luck quicker. I also enjoy the RB benefits of playing 6k hands/day. What is it with all the "bot" hating? Maybe you guys need to worry less about the volume other ppl are choosing to play and concentrate more on your own game.

My game is wide open. Anyone who has ever played with me or watched me knows exactly how I play. Im a nit. Who cares. I make money, and lots of it. For every good, solid, observant player out there, there are at least 5 idiots who dont pay attention to who does what and only pay attention to their cards. I dont know about you, but I like that ratio. I could care less if everyone knows all my stats or even knows my game inside out (which everyone already seems to). I will always make money 12-tabling low stakes cash games because there will always be a ton of fish out there ready to donate.

You guys should be pretty happy to see us high volume nits at your tables. You should know exactly how to handle us. Maybe you should be more concerned with figuring out how to handle all the unpredictable, random donks that populate the low stakes tables.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I buy in for 40bb. This is not shortstackng. Shortstacking is when you buy in min (20bb) and leave when you double. I don't do that. If I drop to 20bb I rebuy to 40bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is better than fullstacking because...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you asked. On page 175 of Greenstein's Ace on the River he lists the reason why I choose to buy in short.

"You probably play better when you are ahead and worse when you are stuck. Even if you won't admit that, you would agree that your opponents play better when they are ahead and worse when they are stuck. Therefore, you will have more money in front of you when you should, and be short of money when your opponents are at their best."

He lists many other reasons to buy in short and reasons to buy in full, but none of those reasons seemed as compelling to me as the one I quoted above. It was enough to help me beat 50 NL at 5.7bb/100 over my last 33k hands. The first 20k hands I was actually shortstacking though (I was a mtt sng convert) and I only ran at 2bb/100.

I'm not gonna start buying in full until this trend changes.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM

I just read my post and I guess it came out a little more harsh than I intended it to. I am not meaning to be rude which I guess is how it sounds. I just get sick of ppl on these forums and on the tables talking about "bots" and "nits" and basically looking down on players like me. I just dont get what the hating towards players like me is. Just because I'm not a 25/10 or something doesnt make me any less of a poker player, does it?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 PM

Ron,

Shortstacking has many advantages over full stacks other then just not risking as much money. While fullstacks will be playing correctly against each other at the table by playing/raising certain hands they'll often be making a mistake against you.

Jimmy

You're right, most good tags are making money off the nits at the table, but the nits are just slowly leaking money away while taking up a seat that could be filled by a donk who's losing money at a much higher rate. The other problem is that every nit seams to be 12+ tabling for god knows how many hours a day and it has a very real effect on the game.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read my post and I guess it came out a little more harsh than I intended it to. I am not meaning to be rude which I guess is how it sounds. I just get sick of ppl on these forums and on the tables talking about "bots" and "nits" and basically looking down on players like me. I just dont get what the hating towards players like me is. Just because I'm not a 25/10 or something doesnt make me any less of a poker player, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well people would rather have another fish at the table than a multi-tabling nit. Even if you are exploitable another fish is far more exploitable. And instead of taking up 1 seat you are taking up 12. You reduce their earn. Everyone knows your type makes good money or you wouldn't be 12 tabling all day everyday, you would be busto.