Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

ugh... how in the hell do you 5* TDWDTG on expert... i'm maxing out around 470k which is about 30k short... right arm about to fall off
Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 PM

i finally beat 3s & 7s on hard. knights of cydonia and before i forget are giving me a tough time. i've almost figured out knights of cydonia.

i got annoyed w/ those, so i went to expert and finished the first 2 tiers w/out a problem, including 5*ing bulls on parade 1st try!

any advice for the HOPO solo in knights of cydonia? i can do the first part just fine (going G-R-Y, R-Y-B, Y-B-O), but i'm absolutely horrible going the other way (O-B-Y, B-Y-R, Y-R-G)

there must be something i'm missing. maybe its just psychological
Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 PM

First 500k+ score on GHIII (Number of the Beast) Close on One as well. Still can't beat Slash solo or Devil went down.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can do the first part just fine (going G-R-Y, R-Y-B, Y-B-O), but i'm absolutely horrible going the other way (O-B-Y, B-Y-R, Y-R-G)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm the exact opposite, can do the pulloffs, but not the hammerons
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can do the first part just fine (going G-R-Y, R-Y-B, Y-B-O), but i'm absolutely horrible going the other way (O-B-Y, B-Y-R, Y-R-G)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, same here. I have a really hard time with the fast ones that go G-R-Y-B, I always mess up the yellow or red in that sequence.

Thought I had plateaued at medium, but after seeing Vulturesrow and JoA moving up on hard, I figured I needed to give it another go. Now I'm stuck on the Slash battle on Hard, for the moment. I certainly haven't been 5-starring anything, but I have mixed in some 4-stars, and I've been sightreading each song. No fails until I hit Slash either, so maybe I'm not done getting better yet after all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM

I wish there were some way in practice mode (and if there is let me know) that you could practice several consecutive chunks in a row without stopping. I'm trying to practice the solo in Cult of Personality on hard and it's broken down into 3 segments. I don't mind working one segment at a time, but before I try to pass it I'd like to be able to try the full solo in practice mode w/o stopping. Know what I mean?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish there were some way in practice mode (and if there is let me know) that you could practice several consecutive chunks in a row without stopping. I'm trying to practice the solo in Cult of Personality on hard and it's broken down into 3 segments. I don't mind working one segment at a time, but before I try to pass it I'd like to be able to try the full solo in practice mode w/o stopping. Know what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as the segments are consecutive, you can do that. When you get to the change section screen, you first select the beginning section, hit green, then select the ending section, then hit green.

E.g., Free Bird has solo sections A through R (or something). You select the starting section (e.g., Solo I) and the ending section (e.g., Solo J). You can't do A, D, and F. But you could do A through F.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Sweet! Exactly what I need. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, same here. I have a really hard time with the fast ones that go G-R-Y-B, I always mess up the yellow or red in that sequence.

Thought I had plateaued at medium, but after seeing Vulturesrow and JoA moving up on hard, I figured I needed to give it another go. Now I'm stuck on the Slash battle on Hard, for the moment. I certainly haven't been 5-starring anything, but I have mixed in some 4-stars, and I've been sightreading each song. No fails until I hit Slash either, so maybe I'm not done getting better yet after all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you definitely shouldnt have quit, since I have failed about a gazillion times on hard in the process of moving up. FYI, I completed Miss Murder last night.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? w/ hammerons i think i'm ok because if one of my fingers lags behind, its ok since it doesn't effect anything

whereas w/ pulloffs its the wrong note ldo