Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
we yet have to see your reasonable estimates

[/ QUOTE ]

Naah, im going to sleep. but if you are a nice guy you should try to compile a complete (all sessions known) dataset and make it public .,
Old 09-21-2007, 08:08 PM

Guys,

I am considering, and would like to know what people thing, emailing AP saying we're have evidence against this issue and that we are going to the mainstream media about this and may pursue legal action against them if they don't (insert ultimatum). I think this may help our cause a lot but I don't want to do this unless we have a plan set up or if people are okay with it.
Please tell me what you think.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Publicising Absolute Poker\'s Cheating

Team,

re: Publicising Absolute Poker's Cheating:

1) I'm not convinced that it is in our best interests for stories about this to be appearing in the mainstream media. I doubt if "normal" people will differentiate between "Absolute Poker cheats" and "online poker cheats"

2) Even if I am wrong about #1, I doubt this will have a significant effect on Absolute Poker anyway

3) Consequently, we need to target potential customers of Absolute Poker to ensure they are informed of the public debate on this topic

4) I have just registered the domain "absolutepokercheats.com"

5) Over the weekend, I will compile a comprehensive couple of pages explaining the charges against absolute poker:
a) in a simple and easy to understand manner; and
b) in a comprehensive manner

6) Obviously, written, pictorial or statistical contributions from folks are welcome.

7) I'll be using a free webhost

8) If you wish to contribute financially, you can:
a) purchase additional domain names and redirect them to absolutepokercheats.com
b) purchase google adsense advertising so that when people search for things relating to absolute poker, the page is found
c) if you don't know how to do (a) or (b), I'm sure we can find someone who can help you - but I really don't want to receive any money from anyone for this

9) I'm pretty sure that I've never played a hand on Absolute Poker

10) Obviously, anything I write, say, or otherwise, is not endorsed by 2p2 publishing or ConJelco.

P.S. I'm not overly interested in continuing the debate about whether it is happening (I had an open mind for a while, and unless some new evidence emerges clearing Absolute Poker, please don't engage with me about it)
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we yet have to see your reasonable estimates

[/ QUOTE ]

Naah, im going to sleep. but if you are a nice guy you should try to compile a complete (all sessions known) dataset and make it public .,

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM

okay that's a 2 week ban, at the end of which this will probably be over or possibly not be over
Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay that's a 2 week ban, at the end of which this will probably be over or possibly not be over

[/ QUOTE ]

<33333

I will now sleep easier.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

proly bad for the "cause" imo
Old 09-21-2007, 08:24 PM

krum,

I would bet money that you haven't actually read the evidence (i.e. all the hh's, etc) and are basing your dissent entirely on the PT numbers.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

proly bad for the "cause" imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be honest, at this point it's getting to be too much of a headache dealing with this. I spent about a week compiling the evidence when I should've probably been playing and stuff, so right now I'm on a short fuse.

If someone else wants to unban him and deal with it, I'm open to suggestions.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Publicising Absolute Poker\'s Cheating

Pokerlistings has already helped out by making sure people that search AP/UB see that they are shady. They have had a dispute for a while now. Several of the first pages of Google searches for these rooms have links to If I still owned RRR I would certainly be giving AP a deadline to acknowledge this and correct it or else they would be rogued.

Be very careful about using "Absolutepoker" in your domain. It would be considered fair use if you were not profiting from it. OTOH it is doubtful AP would ever try and sue somebody in the US in the current legal situation. The worst thing that would probably happen would be losing your domain and that could take years.

Your site needs to be SEO'd so it appears in searchs for "Absolute Poker". Make sure to make a page with "absolute-poker." in the page address and make other pages extentions of this. If the site is well SEO'd and bloggers point to it linking "Absolute Poker" in context to it then it would be very likely to appear high up in Google in a short time. I'm sire there are a good chunk of players that at least do a Google search for a poker room before depositing. Getting a page like that to page 1 for "Absolute Poker" could be devastating and might be just what the community needs to push AP into resolving this instead of ignoring it like their intention obviously is.
Closed Thread