Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-03-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

We're deep at DT & safety though, Urban has the team set up for success. Major Wright & Hornsby are way better than KJ, we should be fine. KJ still can't tackle or react to a pass for some reason.

I'm stoked we're playing Troy because they have a good QB, will be a great learning experience for our secondary.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 PM

That's right fellas, Vandy is still Vandy. And Bama does not lose to Vandy. Two names that you will be very very familiar with over the next 2-3 years, Terry Grant and Rolando McClain, book it.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:20 PM

barry,

Marked improvements. Major's play calling seems spot on. Wilson looked meh. Yes, Terry Grant has tons of potential. I'm hoping Star Jackson is the name everyone will be familiar with.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:47 PM

I agree that Wilson looked meh. I wouldve liked to see us run it more but I have no complaints about the new play calling. I mean we actually run screens, throw to the TE, and take calculated shots down field now and we never did any of that under the Shula regime. I agree about Star Jackson too, but he's a few years away and I think we can be good before then. This Rolando McClain guy is a true freshman starting over preseason all-SEC Prince Hall. The guy's [censored] 6'4", I know it's early but he looks like an NFl LB.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:48 PM

Also, I like this Mike McCoy guy, he had a couple of good grabs.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Am I wrong in believing that Mark Richt has underachieved and should have been axed some time ago?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I wrong in believing that Mark Richt has underachieved and should have been axed some time ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, still a good resume, just can't have a complete season.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM

SC winninig a defensive battle with UGA, impressive. Go SOS!
Helps the Gators out a lot but that's going to be a tough game in Columbia.

UK didn't look good.
I saw Bama owning early, what happened only 24-10?
UT didn't play well again.
Auburn not looking very good vs USF.
LSU looks sick.

Gator recap:
Offense was unstoppable considering all Troy did was drop their LBs & safeties deep every single play. I think they blitzed once the whole game so our offensive output in the first half was very impressive. We just sliced & diced across the middle with Ingram, Moore running, Tebow running/passing, Percy running, Louis Murphy had a monster game receiving. All of this despite totally keeping it close to the vest for UT.

Special teams looks like one of the best in the nation, a block, a guy who can make field goals, and Brandon James(back from suspension) with a sick return like 4 times.

I was VERY impressed with the D in the first half. Troy can play a bit of offense & just dinked & dunked it all game but we absolutely hit hard & played well. The second half looks bad on the scoreboard but the 2 TDs & a FG were on second team defense, one being when Chris Rainey fumbled a kickoff return and set it up deep for Troy.

Doe & Spikes are amazing at LB, we're faster than Siler & Everett last year by far. What is worrisome is the lack of pressure we are getting up front. I think we're moving away from our experienced players & going young, Dunlap, Trattou & Torrey Davis played along the DL. Trattou had the play of the game knocking down a pass at the line to himself for an INT.

I think the corners played fine & we just look a step slow t safety reacting but we only gave up big plays with our second team defense.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The second half looks bad on the scoreboard but the 2 TDs & a FG were on second team defense, one being when Chris Rainey fumbled a kickoff return and set it up deep for Troy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was wondering about this. I didn't get to watch the game but followed the first half on Yahoo, then saw the final score and was amazed we allowed that many points. I hoped it was on the second team.

Tebow's stats are pretty efficient so far through two games. Is the coaching staff allowing him to actually throw downfield or are there a lot of short passes?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:04 PM

I mentioned above that Troy just dropped their D today because of how we torched with Riley Cooper, etc. last week. We didn't try to throw it deep once but we totally crushed them across the middle in the first half.

Don't get me wrong, we have a long way to go on defense but the talent level is amazing. We just took a lot of bad angles & bad tackling today. Some really stupid penalties as well. The offense/special teams put the D in a lot of bad spots in the second half, though. I think it's much better we didn't win 70-7, we'll be focused this week for sure.