FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
i seriously don't get how people are getting that redbean even personally likes bonds or says he's a good human or etc. etc. He's NEVER come CLOSE to arguing that at all. we don't know if he likes or hates him, and it does not matter if he does either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vyse, as much as I don't like you as far as I could throw you, you're dead on in the above statement, for more reasons than anyone will ever, ever realize.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and what is his point? that bonds is not as bad as some other egotistical [censored] in the bigs. cool. i agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds may very well be worst, to be honest. But I don't really know, since I haven't hung around him personally, and I'm not apt to rush to judgement based on what a guy in the copyroom tells me to think.

However, I do know that some of the guys that the media tells you are wonderful are in reality regular guy douchebags just like just about anyone else would be in that situation.

[ QUOTE ]
but bonds is still one of the biggest dbags ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme guess, your basing this on your relationship with him in working conditions, and not just on some stuff you read in a book or that someone told you was the case?

Seriously, guy, I probably know you better from reading your last three posts than you know Bonds.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 AM

"Seriously, guy, I probably know you better from reading your last three posts than you know Bonds."

oh pls post your assessment. i could certainly use the free pcsychology. u know this [censored] goes for like 200/hr?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:27 AM

"
Lemme guess, your basing this on your relationship with him in working conditions, and not just on some stuff you read in a book or that someone told you was the case?"

lemme guess, you are making your arguemnts from the like?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Bonds ever admits to his steroid use will RedBean...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just the wrong question to be asking DUCY?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the way you worded it made it seemed like aarons amp usage was an ongoing activity for a part of his career.

u def intrigued me until i researched it and found that aaron only admitted to using greenies one time.

but whatever im not gonna dig up links.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sweat, bro, I'll help you with those links and refresh your memory.

Actually, I never asserted anywhere that Aaron's amphetamine use was ongoing, I simply asserted that he had admitted in his own book that he had used them, which is fact.

In this post I sourced the exact page number of Aaron's book that was relevant to him admitting his amphetamine use.

My deepest apologies if citing the exact page of his book to allow you to read it for yourself was somehow seen as "disingenious".

Additionally, my apologies for merely sourcing the exact page and title of the book, rather than taking the time to type it all in for you and make it easier on your "research on your own".

As for your "research on your own", you only had to hang around the thread for 58 more minutes until PopeInRome took the time to type in the text as he found it in his copy of the book I sourced, in this post.

But..hey...if you want to remember it differently, and wax poetic about all that research you did on your own in "finding out differently"...or how I "lead you to believe it was ongoing use"...more power to you.

Don't let the facts get in the way, hoss. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 02:54 AM

I love how every thread three or four new posters come out of the woodwork and RedBean owns them all.
Also Victor I love this passive agressive technique you are using such as
V: "How about this strawman you constructed"
Obvioulsy RedBean is going to respond "what strawman?" just say you're argument instead of making vague cryptic posts. I mean I get as much as anyone that increasing post count is important, but this is too obvious a technique.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 AM

oh nice. ty for the thread. ill let ppl draw their own conclusions on your your initial posts but it certainly seemd to me, at the time, to allege that aarons amp usage was systematic.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how every thread three or four new posters come out of the woodwork and RedBean owns them all.
Also Victor I love this passive agressive technique you are using such as
V: "How about this strawman you constructed"
Obvioulsy RedBean is going to respond "what strawman?" just say you're argument instead of making vague cryptic posts. I mean I get as much as anyone that increasing post count is important, but this is too obvious a technique.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, his whole contruct was that bonds was not as bad at the superstar he named. my point is that it doesnt matter. bonds may not be the worst but hes still a prick.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but did aaron have a bitter departure? no. how many other recordbreakers were given this treatment and why would that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you considering a bitter departure? That you're told it was one by the media?

Fill me in here, smalls....why are you considering Bonds departure to be bitter? Because the team decided not to bring him back when he wanted to continue playing?

Or because "everybody" who are fans of other teams hate him?

Let's nail this one down, because I watched his last games with the team, and how the team, the management, and the fans handled it, and despite what the guys in the pressbox would have you believe, I certainly didn't think it was bitter.

But silly me, of course, was just watching the ballgame again, and not so much going on what I read in the newspaper, so fill me in here on what your line of thinking is in that it was a bitter departure?

Or does it just HAVE to be one on the basis that since no one could pin anything else on him, the only satisfaction left is to remember his departure as bitter?