Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My Sears had the copies on the shelves tonight. I asked for the bundle and he checked the back but didn't have any. So if anyone doesn't want the guitar too, check Sears. They had both the Xbox and PS2 versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it that means the old guitars are compatible with GH3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that if the game is sold by itself (which it is), then the old guitars must be compatible. From what I"ve heard, the new guitars just have quieter strummers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they are, but I just got my Xbox about a month ago. I have GH2 on PS2, so don't have any Xbox guitars yet. I'd rather wait a few days instead of buying the game and the xplorer separately.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Anyone else have the full game yet? How the hell do you beat the first boss? I beat the 2nd one but the first one is impossible. (Names left out because of the super nits who would complain of spoilers)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have the full game yet? How the hell do you beat the first boss? I beat the 2nd one but the first one is impossible. (Names left out because of the super nits who would complain of spoilers)

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked Sears, Target, Gamestop, and two Wal-Marts, but unfortunately, no game for me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:29 PM

I downloaded the demo on Marketplace and the mixing of the songs is terrible. Does nobody else here care that the guitar track is often covered up by the drums/singer/rhythm tracks?

As an example: Go to Evenflow and turn the band all the way down. When you play the song with just the guitar track there are times where there is no sound at all.

I really hope this is just an issue with the demo because it's ruining the experience for me.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked Sears, Target, Gamestop, and two Wal-Marts, but unfortunately, no game for me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked 3 stores with no luck; guess I'll have to wait until this weekend [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will not rest until I beat GT1T at least once online...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play the easiest song over....and over....and over.

You're bound to get lucky.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 PM

Should I get GH3 for PS2 or Wii?

For PS2:
- All my other GH games are on PS2
- I've already got a guitar for PS2 (so it's cheaper, since I won't have to buy a new one)

For Wii:
- A new wireless guitar would be cool
- Although I don't plan to, the ability to download new songs could come in handy.

I searched around the internet and couldn't find much info about differences between the games (like they had different songs in GH2 for Xbox).
Old 10-26-2007, 02:01 AM

I think the Wii and PS2 both have some sort of robot character and another Elvis impersonator character that aren't on PS3 or 360. The 360 and PS3 are getting the Grim Ripper and probably someone else that won't be on Wii or PS2.

I think the song list is going to be the same on all platforms with the obvious difference that the PS2 won't have downloadable content.

I just FC'd Lay Down on the demo. The note chart reminded me of Woman except without any cool solos.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:21 AM

I'm down for whatever on XBL whenever my game gets here (either sunday or monday.) GT is GetThere1Time. Just send me a message telling me your 2p2 nick. When GH2 360 released I got friend spammed like crazy and missed a lot of invites from people I wanted on my list.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 AM

the wii comes with guitar for $89

advantages:
wireless(!)
quieter strum bar
speaker in guitar (so when playing multi-player, u'll know it was u that messed up)
vibration in guitar
wii will have d/lable content in near future (but not at launch)
u will likely want to eventually get gh4/5/etc