Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Default 100 NL @ Stars

Id like to preface this with a note that i dont want this to be like the stars regs thread. (Which was locked for a reason). Also if the mods dont like where this is going feel free to lock it.

But the reason i made this thread is because i just moved up to 100 NL on stars and would like to know two things. First, who here plays 100 NL @ Stars? Id like to avoid 2p2 regs if at all possible. Second, for those who play/have played 100 nl, what would you recommend to make it easier to beat? What took you a while to learn that would of made life easier had you known at the start?

Feel free to post graphs, experiences, advice, or whatever floats your boat.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 100 NL @ Stars

dont bluff too much
Dont bluff youpay4college
Dont bluff ollynorth

Take all e_cack money pls
bluff 1pokerboy and show him the bluff ( <3<3 )
bars00k is good i think
olilap34 is god
jnic00 is god

take all of cmot_donkey money also pls.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Barsook plays on Stars? Anyone know if it's the same Barsook from the Party days?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:27 PM

yeah ive played a few hands against youpay4college and he seems ready to go the distance pretty much with any hand. You have to have a good hand to play him. Pokerboy just 3 bet me right now wtf : (.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Oh and if anyone has played me @ Stars (WCG|Rider) feel free to critique my play as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM

schumi84 seems to be one of the few good shortstackers ive noticed, wwwWIN5net i played with a fair bit on Sunday and he seems competant as shorties go.

pokerboy is obv one of if not the toughest play youll find at these stakes.

daviddodds seems to be at just about every table i play. He seems pretty crappy as far as regulars go - or at least he shows me no respect whatsoever and is near the top of my win to/lose to records because of it.

You know, ive just noticed ive played over 23 table hours with xaponet but have litterally no clue who he is or notice anything he has done [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His stats seem to be pretty straight up normal and i guess he is tough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, ive only booked like 28k hands at 100NL (ive played a bit of 6 max badly in the past, but this is my first step in learning cash from playing tourneys). Generally there is no secret - if you can beat 50NL i dont see how youd struggle at 100NL. There are plenty of regs and ive logged over 1k hands on 9 ppl already but overall i dont gameselect away from anyone and there isnt anything particularly special.

Just try to avoid getting out of line with tight players, beat up on loose shortstacks and just play good solid poker and youll beat 100NL no problem - in fact id go so far as to say 100NL FR isnt actually that hard of a game to beat.

-----

Re your play, we have only logged 373 hands together yesterday (you should be able to work out my SN from that and my undertitle, lol) and your stats are pretty solid.

Im curious what you had hand #12487386584 though.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Oh ya, and Upay4college - we've tustled a couple times and im up on him - havent seen him do much odd though.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 PM

How do i find hand numbers in pokerstars?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM

If you have pokertracker go to Game Notes tab, hit Get All button in top right then press Game # to sort by number, then hunt that way.

Or, if you dont have PT and need to request from Stars go to Request, Handhistory then copy that number above into the box.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM

What hand do you think i had there? (BTW do you have AIM?)