Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Default NL50 AA faces heat on turn

Villain is 29/11/1.57 over 120 hands.
A couple of hands before this, I had KK and he called my pf raise oop. Flop came 299, he check-called my cbet and then turn was another 9. I decided to try zeebo him and just pushed when he checked to me(is that good?). He tanked, wrote in the chat "very tempting" but decided to fold. I am not completely sure what to make of this. Anyway does the Baluga theorem apply here? I mean it would probably be a fold if he check-raised me, but I don't know what to do here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($54.85)
Hero ($56.45)
UTG ($32.85)
Button ($23.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button folds, SB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, SB calls $5.

Turn: ($16.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $46.85</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: NL50 AA faces heat on turn

villain does seems to have quasi-donkish stats but not retarded

c/c a very dry flop then bet/3 bets the turn - this line is very very strong from a player who hasnt revealed himself to be particularly aggro.

do you think he is doing this with 1 pair? because i do not.

gotta be a fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 PM

i don't think i could fold there for almost 3:1, but i expect to lose a lot
Old 07-30-2007, 03:25 PM

I think you could apply Beluga to this hand.

btw, what villain does on the flop/turn is an example of a stop-and-go correct? Or am I making that up?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM

doesn't really matter nearly as much that villain's line is super strong, because he's all-in now, and you can't lose any more on the hand. 3:1 is pretty big odds with AA on that board. can we really be so sure we're beat to fold for tha price? i'm not.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't really matter nearly as much that villain's line is super strong, because he's all-in now, and you can't lose any more on the hand. 3:1 is pretty big odds with AA on that board. can we really be so sure we're beat to fold for tha price? i'm not.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand that we are either ahead of or have odds to call against match this play?

odds should always be considered but we are good here pretty much FA of the time here.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM

this is 8/10 all day, he wants you to push on that turn it looks like by throwing out a bet of 4 dollars, but its just so hard to fold-- just curious did he have 8/10 here? i can't see k 9 or k 7 completing then calling a raise but i could be wrong-- i think in the heat of the moment i call but it looks like a made straight to me
Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 PM

well, i just don't think its accurate to say that you're behind here almost certainly. maybe villain views op as bluffy after the hand they played before. maybe he would slowplay a hand like an AK against someone he thinks is bluffy. maybe he has nothing. maybe he has something marginal and is trying to put you to the test. you really don't know for sure, especially at these limits. at worst, you are only taking a small loss here, for some pretty good information. not that i would dump a significant ammount for information, but you just can't be that certain about anything against random, wacky, probable losing, micro limit players, so on that board, with those cards, with those odds, i need something a little more compelling than a strong line to make me fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:40 PM

but the preflop action, the limp, call reraise OOP, not an AK line-- i mean i have to lean towards call because i can't find it in me what hand he has plays out like that and its good for knowledge but the line really looks like 8/10 to me
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM

well, sure. obviously you're much more likely beaten than ahead, but you do realise just how often you're going to be right about to that justify a fold, right?