Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 AM

Default Poki software, Poker Acadamy, Stacked..........Opinoins, reviews?

I was wondering how good Poker academy is? is it worth it?
seems pretty cool to play a bunch of hands with some competetion for free.
Also i saw that the game "Stacked" was built on the same Poki software and it got pretty good reviews on some sites, a better score than any other console poker game, any one played it? Any one know about the Poki soft ware?
From what it read, it seem to constantly change it's play, depending on you play. The reviews say you can abuse the all in feature, making the computer fold pretty much every time you go all in. But if you play for real you get some "solid?" competition.
Just wondering if any one has any experience with the Poki software, positive or negative.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Poki software, Poker Acadamy, Stacked..........Opinoins, reviews?

I have Poker Academy. It has some very nice features including a showdown calculator and a hand evaluator. It's also preprogrammed with various tournament structures the way they are currently set up on the various sites (Party, Stars) or live events. They also have an online section where you can play against other live players for free. They use a virtual currency called Pax. You earn it playing freerolls and your winnings can then be used to play ring games. Because you have to build this virtual bankroll from scratch, players take their games pretty seriously unlike the free games on poker sites. It's definitely a good training tool if you want to play for free.