Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Online muck rules

I don't understand the rules for mucking online. Sometimes after the river, so I mean the final betting round, I will bet. Then the villain will call, but immediately muck their losing hand. That is I win, but I do not get to see their cards. This does not seem fair to me. Since I not only am paying to win the hand, I am also paying for the information of seeing the opponents cards. I just seems to me that you should not be able to call and then muck on the last round.
Is that the way it works everywhere even brick and mortar? I am curious what the rules say. Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Online muck rules

If villain calls, he gets to see your hand first. Once you flip your hand up, he's beat and has auto-muck turned on. If you called his bet, you would see his cards first. If you have auto-muck turned OFF, you can then choose to muck your cards or show them.

You should still be able to see what he had if you look at the hand history. (Availability of HHs varies by site.)
Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Actually you didn't pay to see his hand - he paid to see yours.

Standard B&M rule is that if you call and lose, you do not have to show your hand. A player can request to see a losing hand, but that rule is strictly intended to prevent cheating. It is considered extremely bad etiquette to ask to see a hand for any other reason.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:35 AM

check the hand histories
Old 09-28-2007, 01:11 AM

There's an alternate method, used by pokerstars at least: the showing proceeds to the left of the button in the same order as betting. SB shows first if he's still in, then BB, then UTG...

All hands shown down, whether mucked or not, show up in the hand history, anyway, and PAhud can access them and show them right on the table.

what I want to know is, if there's three of us on the river, I'm first to act and open-fold, and the other players check, does my hand show in the history? At a B&M, would another player have the right to ask to see it?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Pokerstars: Has the mucked hand at showdown always been available here? I'm sure I couldn't see those hands before in the HH but today I noticed them for the first time?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 AM

Yeah hand histories,

At PokerStars, after the hand has been played, in the top left you can see the "previous game number". Just click on it and it will show.

FTP have a sweet little last hand button. When you click on it, it shows the last table at showdown and all previous hands. Great feature and I wish Stars would add someting like that.

Other sites have their own ways as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah hand histories,

At PokerStars, after the hand has been played, in the top left you can see the "previous game number". Just click on it and it will show.

FTP have a sweet little last hand button. When you click on it, it shows the last table at showdown and all previous hands. Great feature and I wish Stars would add someting like that.

Oh and if you open fold, as the above asked, you didn't go to showdown so your hand should not show obviously

Other sites have their own ways as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for double posting - i was trying to edit
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 AM

So what's the point of mucking? LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what's the point of mucking? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyones motivated enough to check the hand histories so having the automuck on saves you from those people from having the information given by your mucked hand. I'd imagine most observant opponents check the handhistories after most shown down hands... I know I do!