Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Police Detained me : trip report.

yep, sounds like OC cops
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

kinda a cute female cop too and without backup - was bummed she didn't get out the handcuffs - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a very non threatening person. Do you have problems getting dates?

With women I mean.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They asks me stuff like what's my home number and cell number.

[/ QUOTE ] Then I would start asking stuff like "hey, what's your badge number?"

[/ QUOTE ]

no you wouldn't. You may say that you would in OOT, but you wouldn't.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:52 AM

also bravo to OP for acting like a douche. To all those championing him for "keeping his mouth shut": it may be his right to do so, but the officer had the right to cite his ass for underage drinking. He's lucky he didn't get a citation, so even though these cops wasted about 30 minutes of your time (zomg) they elected not to bust you for underage drinking. Perhaps you should have considered this, before classifying them as total dicks.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also bravo to OP for acting like a douche. To all those championing him for "keeping his mouth shut": it may be his right to do so, but the officer had the right to cite his ass for underage drinking. He's lucky he didn't get a citation, so even though these cops wasted about 30 minutes of your time (zomg) they elected not to bust you for underage drinking. Perhaps you should have considered this, before classifying them as total dicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially after watching him drive away. If your state has a zero tolerance policy you could have been in lots of legit trouble had you been stopped after you were in your car. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 12:00 PM

ahhhh American the land of 'freedom.'
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so even though these cops wasted about 30 minutes of your time (zomg) they elected not to bust you for underage drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. The cops kinda sound like dicks, but you had nothing to hide with regards to their investigation, and had something to hide (your drinking). Cooperating probably would have gotten you out of there faster and with a lot less cop attitude.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 PM

somehow i don't see anything wrong with this. if you give a cop attitude they will probably give it back. and they have infinitely more power than you,.. is that really a good strategy? it's entirely possible there was a crime reported in the area and it's the cops' responsibility and duty to stop anyone they suspect could be involved and investigate. that's how crimes get solved and action gets taken.

it someone steals your car stereo and you happen to catch a glimpse of the guy running away, then you report it to the cops, wouldn't you want them to stop a guy matching the description in the area and start asking him questions? people act like cops have no right to start asking questions.. hilarious.

america, land of freedom, stfu as if you wouldn't get stopped anywhere else in a similar situation. go to turkey and get hassled by the law, then give them attitude.. see if you leave the country.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
america, land of freedom, stfu as if you wouldn't get stopped anywhere else in a similar situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this would never happen in the UK. I've been arrested in my youth and been treated 10x better than the description of the cops in the OP.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
america, land of freedom, stfu as if you wouldn't get stopped anywhere else in a similar situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this would never happen in the UK. I've been arrested in my youth and been treated 10x better than the description of the cops in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they give you a hug and a crumpet over there?