Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Default A few hands, line checks 25 NL

Hey, I'm attempting to start back up with cash again, been playing tourneys for a while. I'm posting these hands because I think I played some of them awkwardly/badly and want to improve, so please offer constructive advice only: )

Hand #1- Villain in this hand had been very aggressive (I.E. in 3 orbits had open shoved his entire stack a few times...), didn't want to bloat a pot OOP against him. He liked to bluff a lot; I easily thought he could have 2 3 off here. I'm mainly wondering about how I should play on flop/turn. I was basically planning on calling down all but the worst cards. River as played I knew I had him beat, as there's no way he ever doesn't overbet shove a straight.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($24.65)
MP ($28.95)
Button ($20.35)
SB ($7.70)
Hero ($30.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.45</font>, Hero calls $1.45.

Turn: ($4.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($10.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Final Pot: $22.50

Hand #2- OK, button had been very aggressive (raising ATC from button, folding to reraises), and sb was a fish with a huge stack. I figure button is folding almost always here, I can isolate fish and fold him out either pf or on most flops. Flop comes decent for me but not great, he checks. What should my line be from here? The check minraise felt very bluffy to me, and I decided to call and let him shove into me on turn.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($32.50)
Button ($28.05)
SB ($193.45)
Hero ($25)
UTG ($23.95)
MP ($56.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.65</font>, Button folds, SB calls $2.55.

Flop: ($7.90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $10.5</font>, Hero calls $5.25.

Turn: ($28.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $12</font>, Hero calls $11.10 (All-In).

River: ($51.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $51.11

Hand #3- Initial raiser was raising a ton, I'd repopped him a few times. Flatted here for set value; villain reraising has been very tight (like 12/12) and I thought chances he had an overpair were good. Flop is perfect for me and I check, he bets as expected. Should I be calling and CRing or leading turn or is CR AI best with with these stacks/the chance he has AA/KK/QQ and can't fold.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($32.55)
UTG ($36.45)
MP ($13.65)
Hero ($47.65)
Button ($49.50)
SB ($48.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.85, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.90, Hero calls $2.90.

Flop: ($11.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $43.9 (All-In)</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $-8.30
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: A few hands, line checks 25 NL

Anyone?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:51 PM

#1: vs lagtard I'll 3 bet pf here occassionally, as played I hate your c/c , c/c line. I'd wanna do something like bet/3b flop or c/r flop or c/c flop, donk turn. You're playing too passively here flop and turn IMO.

#2: this line is probably -EV ... we can wait for better hands pf, SB will call anyway. Now we're stuck w/ marginal hand in huge bloated pot. I ch behind flop a lot, when he CR's I just dont think we're ever ahead here... and then you flat called it - yuck (left with akward stacks and few cards help us).. I'll prob fold to the CR (donks like to do this with strong) .. and for some reason I didn't fold I push.

#3: I think a flop CR to $23 is fine ... no reason to make 99/AT/JJ type hands have an easy fold.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:57 PM

I would probably c/r the flop in hand 1. If he reraises, fold. There are a ton of draws that will call and you should charge them. If the villain bluffs a lot calling down is not a bad option. I guess you played it fine.

Hand 2: I would probably just call on the flop or maybe fold PF. Fish at 25NL tend to call too much so I'm not sure why you think he'll fold to a c-bet. I would definitely fold to the flop raise. You have middle pair and no kicker. All you beat is a bluff and you are pretty much pot committed if you call the raise. He has to put you on something decent after the PF RR. Your line looks terrible in every way to me.

Hand 3: I would make a normal size RR ($24) as played. You might also consider leading small to induce a raise from overpairs and then shove over the top. The overbet will make villain fold almost everything.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 AM

Hand 1:

Fold preflop, KJ can get you into trouble - especially against an agressive player. You're probably going to have to pay a lot to get to showdown since he bluffs when you check your marginal hand, and also he will sometimes have a real hand.

As played, I might raise the flop to see where I am, folding to a reraise.

Hand 2:

Don't really like 3-betting with J9os as you don't hit many flops that you're comfortable with. Another issue is that you have the fish in the hand, and it's not a great idea to try and bluff a calling station, wait for a better hand to take the fish's money.
If you really want to start 3-betting light, maybe try some suited connectors, though I wouldn't do this against people you have zero fold equity with.

As played, fold to the flop miniraise. He's not miniraising this flop with anything you beat, and he's never folding any Q, JJ, TT, A9 etc since he's a fish. He's also committed to the pot because even an all in from you is going to give him 3:1 odds to call.

Hand 3:

The huge check-raise on the flop will force any half-way competent villain to fold all hands you beat. (Also remember that he saw that you just called a raise then called a reraise preflop, which is often a pocket pair)
With a set here, I might sometimes donk-bet the flop to $7-8 if I was sure he has an overpair (quite likely). He will reraise you with overpairs and flush draws like AKh, then he will be committed enough to call your push.
With the way you played the hand, you got some value out of an AK continuation bet, but I think you lost a ton of value against overpairs.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

True enough. If I don't 3 bet hand 1 pf, is a call okay? Against a weak villain like this. Can i call profitably with hands like 89s, QJ, etc, or are most of them folds pf even against a bad villain.
Hand 2 I flatcalled because if he's bluffing w/ some weak ace or small pp he is folding if I shove, but bluffing if I call, I think. He turned out to have 77, but I agree that my pf raise and flop bet is bad.