Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: more pf

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would think it's better to disguise a hand like KK or AA where few or no overcards can hurt us. maybe that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice that disguising your hand costs you nothing though if he'll bet every flop. If you just c/r every time, it's virtually the same as capping and leading every flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disguising your hand does cost you, though, because check/raising the flop shows more strength than leading at it after capping.

The solution to your deception problem is to cap a wider range against villain's who put you on a strong hand when you cap. (Against a lot of players, simply capping with your premium and not with your weak hands is optimal. Their fear that you play differently -- because enough other TAGs do or because they are paranoid or whatever -- gives you the deceptive value without actually requiring you to engage in suboptimal play.)
Old 09-23-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would think it's better to disguise a hand like KK or AA where few or no overcards can hurt us. maybe that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice that disguising your hand costs you nothing though if he'll bet every flop. If you just c/r every time, it's virtually the same as capping and leading every flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disguising your hand does cost you, though, because check/raising the flop shows more strength than leading at it after capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this because it's not just about the lead vs. the c/r. The cap has to be considered too. Call-c/r represents a much weaker range then cap-lead IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
The solution to your deception problem is to cap a wider range against villain's who put you on a strong hand when you cap. (Against a lot of players, simply capping with your premium and not with your weak hands is optimal. Their fear that you play differently -- because enough other TAGs do or because they are paranoid or whatever -- gives you the deceptive value without actually requiring you to engage in suboptimal play.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't agree with this either. Tags play too weak vs. caps and too loosely and aggressively vs. call-c/r here IMO. I think it's best to cap some more weak hands and call some strong hands. Mixing it up some too against people with the opportunity and ablity to understand the plan.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:53 AM

I think capping is good as part of an overall strategy.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think capping is good as part of an overall strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an observant tag, not capping with QQ is bad imo. A capping range with just AK AQs JJ TT is very narrow, it becomes quite easy to play perfectly against it.

In particular with this weak capping range, when we lead the flop it is more easy to make a correct call with AQ for Btn, when we have TT or JJ. It is also easier to cap with KQ sometimes, if we cap with QQ.

There is much more deception value with KK and AA than QQ and it is easier to play QQ with a cap when there is a K or an ace on the flop imo.