Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 AM

Default foxwoods 10-20 hand

hi all, new to forum please bear with me.
please comment on all streets. foxwoods 10-20. game is passive 4-5 see flop on average. my image is tight.
mp open raises, hj calls, co calls, button calls, icall in sb with a3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bb calls
six to flop of 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i check, bb check, mp1 bets,co calls, button raises, i three bet all fold to button who thinks a minute and calls.
turn k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] i bet, button calls
river blank i ----
Old 01-23-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: foxwoods 10-20 hand

I would fold the flop when it's bet and raised. You're getting 8-1 odds on a 4-outer (10.5-1). You could possibly justify a call bc of implied odds but the chance that it can be reraised cripples that for me. The ace is likely not an out since it can easily run into a better one. Runner-runner spades isn't enough to swing this to a call for me.

As for your play, reraising is spewing and basically charging yourself to draw. The play will not win and you will be faced with having to bluff b/c you built such a huge pot out of position. Not the kind of spot I like. JMHO.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 12:10 PM

he has more than a 4 outer since he has a backdoor flush draw and ace might be good
Old 01-23-2006, 12:13 PM

So you would coldcall the flop even though it can be reraised? Or you'd play it like OP? How much value do you give the runner-runner flush? The ace? Someone raising the PFR on that board looks like a strong jack, maybe AJ. Or a set since the board is ragged.

Just some thoughts, I'd check-fold when it's two back to me in this hand, but that's me. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 12:19 PM

jeff, thanx for your reply. in hindsite i tend to agree. at the time i thought it was close and raised to possibly gain outs. i'm thinking c-raising turn may have been better once i committed myself
button was thinking player who was capable of laying down.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 PM

I'd fold for the reasons Jeffage stated. The fact that you're not closing the action turns it from a potential marginal call to a fold. Though, I'd probably fold regardless.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:01 PM

I would condsider folding this pre flop , depending on my read on the players @ the table . while there tends to be a lot of loose play @ foxwoods there is also a sampling of solid players .
If you do call check then fold to raise .
Not enough bets to make it worthwhile unless your read is 100% on the players
however all i play there is 20/40 so i could be wrong about the 10/20 game

SJG
Old 01-23-2006, 08:05 PM

What's button thinking about? You might have 44 or 22, but your flop check/3-bet is strange. He's going to call down with his AJ/KJ/QJ, TT, 99 or something medium that doesn't have much hope for improvement. Maybe he made two pair on the turn.

Don't think a river bet is going to fold this villain, but you have more information since you've been sitting at the table. Perhaps you get a free showdown.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold for the reasons Jeffage stated. The fact that you're not closing the action turns it from a potential marginal call to a fold. Though, I'd probably fold regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closing the action is much less important in that game where the last time a flop when 3 bets was during the the first Gulf War.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:14 AM

Peel on the flop seems close but I think it's fine if you are not worried about fireworks. 3-betting is good if you can clean up some Ace outs but that doesn't seem like the case here given the action.

As for the turn and river, I think you would have to be up against exactly AQ or AT for this to work. I don't understand why someone would call the turn with 88-TT but not call the river but I guess anything is possible if your image is super-tight.

I would have check/called the [censored] out of this one.