Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Outlook password problem

I had Outlook Expres going and everything was okey dokey. then I enrolled in an online school and they required that I buy office 2007 which includes Outlook. I still have Outlook Express and it knows my password and it will retrieve and send messages. but when i run Outlook it keeps popping up a box asking for the password. I'm pretty sure it would be the same password - I think I know which of my passwords it is b/c it's x characters long and there's only one of the typical passwords that I use that's 10 characters long. also, that is what I recall setting the p.w. to and I would've had no reason to change it.

so I go put in the p.w. to OUtlook but it still constantly pops up that box and it won't send or receive.

and LOL at the school who said if I needed help with Outlook I neede to contact Microsoft.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Outlook password problem

Double check you have the right servers listed, should be something like pop.your-mail-provider.com or mail.your-mail-provider.com

If you aren't sure if the password is correst there is a program called Snadboys Revelation which you could use to read the *'d out password. I'm not entirely sure if it's 100% safe though, I've used it a number of times without any complications. Make sure your firewall blocks its access to the internet for some added safety.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Outlook password problem

If you're positive the mail servers are set up correctly, your best course at this point is to contact your mail provider (by phone probably) and have your password reset. Most likely, your mail password is not what you think it is. It's easy for this to happen. You set the password when you first set up your mail software, the mail software stores it and your never need to know it again, until you change mail software or change computers.