Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Default River spot involving a shorty

fullstack is JS2 who is a good regular imo, ive seen him at 2/4 as well at 1/2 and he seems pretty decent. squeezes and reraises often but not excessively. i rr him a decent amount too but he usually folds
i have respect for his game, havent played with pokerace until yesterday but he probably plays around 22/17/3 which is pretty similar to me at 22/19/4

anyway after he flats pf im putting him on a pair from maybe 55-QQ and stuff like AQs/AK maybe some suited connect but unlikely since i think he usually folds that stuff to my reraises and this isnt such an obvious spot to squeeze seeing as hes reasonably early. he probably thinks my rr range is like AJ+ 88+ with 67/78/89/JT/KQs

anyway my plan on flop is to flat in the hope JS2 puts me on AK or some rweakish pair and shoves 99-JJ or whatever, or perhaps has AK, i check the turn in continuing with this plan and i plan to checkraise allin or something so this is get another bet out of him

on riv is a bad card, i think hes folding all his pairs etc if i bet here so basically theres no value in betting. i strongly doubt he called flop with AK but i guess its possible, when he shoves im pretty ocnfused but im thinking hes probably has a hand like 88-99 and is trying to get me off a TT-QQ or he could have 77 or KK or something played reaaaly slow, AK also possible but pretty unlikely

anyway heres the hand, thought it was kinda interesting and wondered what you guys thought of the situation and what would you do, obviously i played it a little weird and theres a lot of things i couldve done different

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($27.55)
SB ($66.90)
McBeef ($280.15)
UTG ($213.75)
MP ($216.75)
CO ($129.10)

Preflop: McBeef is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">McBeef raises to $30</font>, MP calls $21, SB calls $21.

Flop: ($86) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $38.9 (All-In)</font>, McBeef calls $38.90, MP calls $38.90.

Turn: ($202.70) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
McBeef checks, MP checks.

River: ($202.70) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
McBeef checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $149.85 (All-In)</font>, McBeef ????
Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: River spot involving a shorty

mehh, I really don't like your thinking on the turn if he's decent. he probably realizes you've got a decent pair after you call the flop and I doubt he's betting 88-JJ. so I'd go ahead and just bet the turn, prob shove. that said, I think you gotta call the river with the line you took b/c that king is basically a blank unless he peeled with AK or you were toast on the flop.

edit: c/r AI on the turn is kinda weird w/ these stack sizes and less than a psb to work with. which is why I'd just bet.