Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If Santana Moss doesn't play this week, who plays?
G. Jennings @ MIN 2 22.22%
Re. Williams vs HOU 7 77.78%
Ma. Clayton @ TEN 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

[ QUOTE ]
Last year's games were awesome. Both the Colts and the Patriots are better this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colts are a bit better from last post season

Pats are way way way way better from last post season
Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
especially with all the momentum the Pats have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Momentum is meaningless. Even if you believe it effects football games, the Colts have just as much momentum as the Pats.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you don't think the Colts are heavy dogs, but I think they are, especially with all the momentum the Pats have. I pick the Pats to win by at least 2 TD's.

also, while this game is important, they're going to meet again in the playoffs where the implications are much more important so unless either team blows the other one out (I can see the Pats blowing the Colts out but not vice versa) it really won't mean too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah b/c the Colts don't have any momentum coming into this game right? Undefeated this season, 12 straight wins overall, and 3 straight wins vs. the Pats. To act like the Pats are the only team coming into this game with a lot of momentum seems a little ridiculous to me.

Also, how much action are you willing to give on the Patriots -14 ?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
especially with all the momentum the Pats have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Momentum is meaningless. Even if you believe it effects football games, the Colts have just as much momentum as the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that is a terrible point. The Pats have lost more recently than the Colts have.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you don't think the Colts are heavy dogs, but I think they are, especially with all the momentum the Pats have. I pick the Pats to win by at least 2 TD's.

also, while this game is important, they're going to meet again in the playoffs where the implications are much more important so unless either team blows the other one out (I can see the Pats blowing the Colts out but not vice versa) it really won't mean too much

[/ QUOTE ]

how much will you bet NE-14

please let me know, we can get an escrow setup too
Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM

theres a difference between 7-0 and being 8-0 and absolutely killing every single one of your opponents - including the 3rd best team in the NFL (consensus opinion by most NFL experts especially after the Steelers lost to the Broncos), and absolutely murdering a VERY good Washington defense. furthermore, the Pats have improved a LOT more than the Colts have, hell the best receiver on the Pats last year was CUT because thats how much better they are. Yes, they both have momentum but its stupid to disagree the Pats have more.

Anyways, having watched both of them play I still easily say the Pats win by > 2 TD's. Disagree with me, but don't make any stupid excuses next Sunday when it happens.

Also, I'm a broke college student but if you want to do it for $100 I'm willing (Pats winning by > 2 TD's). Private message me.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are serious about the 2 td spot, I'd definitely like some action.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
theres a difference between 7-0 and being 8-0 and absolutely killing every single one of your opponents - including the 3rd best team in the NFL (consensus opinion by most NFL experts especially after the Steelers lost to the Broncos), and absolutely murdering a VERY good Washington defense. furthermore, the Pats have improved a LOT more than the Colts have, hell the best receiver on the Pats last year was CUT because thats how much better they are. Yes, they both have momentum but its stupid to disagree the Pats have more.

Anyways, having watched both of them play I still easily say the Pats win by > 2 TD's. Disagree with me, but don't make any stupid excuses next Sunday when it happens.

Also, I'm a broke college student but if you want to do it for $100 I'm willing (Pats winning by > 2 TD's). Private message me.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Sent.

I'll take the Colts +14
Old 10-28-2007, 08:46 PM

It's not like the Colts haven't dominated most of their opponents.

Yes, the Patriots are much, much better than last year, their offense is sick good, Stallworth/Welker/Moss may be the best receiving corps in the league, and Adalius Thomas helps a bit.

But so are the Colts. Last year, their D was getting gashed on the ground (and through the air). Keith > Rhodes. Hayden + Jackson >>>>>> David + Harper. This year's Colts would destroy last year's Colts. Massive defensive improvement.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

ill take colts +14 also if anyone want the other side. escrow a must.