Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Good B & M tournaments in South Florida

Just curious if anyone is playing tourneys anymore at S. Fla. poker rooms? I know that the 1/2 NL is the game now, but can anyone give me a suggestion if there are any decent tournaments at any S. Fla poker room?

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Good B & M tournaments in South Florida

use search function
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM

I played a couple of tournaments at the Dania Jai-Lai. A low buy-in $45 but very fast rounds 10 minutes and a steep blind structure. If you can last the first hour after that most everyone will be short stacked with rapidly escalating blinds. Need to get lucky and stay lucky to win.

I am looking into the 1/2 NL and would welcome any suggestions.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:51 PM

If you do not despise rebuys, I found the weekly rebuy at the Seminole Bingo (just down from the Hard Rock) gave you a lot of play for your $, since the levels were 30 minutes. After the rebuy ends, it's usually a crap shoot situation since the blinds escalate too fast.

Cliffs Notes: +EV for a lot of table time, -EV for crapshoot after the rebuy period
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM

the correct answer is no, no "good" tourneys in fla @ all. u are shortstacked in all of them from the beginnin and the blinds go up too quickly (15 or 20 mins). the best u could play is prolly the $535 single table @ the hard rock. if u don't have that kinda bankroll then play the $250 which is not too bad but not tood good. if u don't have that kinda bankroll either then just go play the $1/$2 NL w/ a couple of buy-ins for fun. if playin the 1/2 try to use tight hand selection, make a decent raise, and don't be scared to put all ur money in preflop w/ a hand like JJ. they'll flip over AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, or a smaller pair enough times to make it very profitable. i got some other tips for the fla 1/2 NL but i have to go now. good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Good B & M tournaments in South Florida/ Fort Myers

any suggestions on the naples area? Was thinking about the Fort Myers track poker room
Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Tampa Greyhound rake free 45 dollar entry at 11am

Derby Lane Wednesday and Sunday nights.....less than 10% rake tourneys.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 AM

The Isle MTT's have great blind structures especially the sunday $350 10 k chips. 30 minute levels, almost every night has tourney at 630, usually about $100-200, 4000 chips, 15-20 minute levels that go up slowly, free buffet with some tourneys. Some 100pm tourneys also I think. Rake is about 20% depending on tourny. Sng's still blow at the Isle. About a 90 minute drive from Naples (a very boring 90 minute drive).
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Isle MTT's have great blind structures especially the sunday $350 10 k chips. 30 minute levels, almost every night has tourney at 630, usually about $100-200, 4000 chips, 15-20 minute levels that go up slowly, free buffet with some tourneys. Some 100pm tourneys also I think. Rake is about 20% depending on tourny. Sng's still blow at the Isle. About a 90 minute drive from Naples (a very boring 90 minute drive).

[/ QUOTE ]

The blind structures aren't so good when you figure that very few dealers there can get more than five or six hands dealt per 15-minute blind level.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 AM

The tourney structures as a whole are terrible in the state of Florida............not much more than a crapshoot in most if not all.