Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Official TRANSFORMERS Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point of being transformers is that they're undercover from the humans; the autobots and decepticons fight each other and try to return to their home planet, and try to avoid a war with the humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

What gives you this idea? They didn't choose to go "undercover" as cars, the decipticons in the original are trying to steal Earth's energy resources (not hide from humans) and the autobots try to protect the humans (not hide from them).

This movie seems to just be turning the transformers into scary monsters with no personality and making it a disaster/terror movie which is lame and so typical.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Hmm, i wouldnt prejudge a film on a trailer, especially the Transformer's - unless youve seen a trailer i havent, virtually nothing is shown.

Bourne 3 will be awesome - i really loved 1 and 2 and think they are well underrated.

Am i gonna have to throw a hissy fit, or is Sin City 2 due out end of the year?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks more magical than mechanical to me. Like the pieces dissolve into another shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're more than meets the eye, bro.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, i wouldnt prejudge a film on a trailer, especially the Transformer's - unless youve seen a trailer i havent, virtually nothing is shown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you seen this one? They show a decent amount of transforming. I wouldn't call that "virtually nothing".
Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 AM

This 1 min clip shows several scenes they don't show in the movie trailers.

I think this will be a typical Michael Bay film. Lot of CGI, horrible plot.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM

BUMP for hotness.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Transformers pre-screen factoid report

Saw a pre-screening of Transformers last night. I'm too lazy to write a full-blown trip report, so here are various factoids I noted:

1. Megan Fox is ridiculously scorching-hot. Never heard of her before Transformers.

2. Favorite Transformers were Bumblebee & Starscream. Starscream is mostly cool because there are some sequences when he transforms to/from jet to robot in combat in mid-air. Bumblebee gets some pretty cool action sequences and he initially can't talk, so he has to change radio stations to express things. But, its weird that by restricting him that way, he turns out to be one of the more interesting/fun characters.

3. I think a lot of the action shots are shot too close up, like when Optimus & Megatron are fighting hand-to-hand (why would super-advanced robots fight this way?) its hard to tell what's happening because you're viewing it from such an up-close perspective.

4. The humans' dialogue/performances are campy and really pop-culture/quippy. It was a bit much for me to enjoy them all. The Transformers' dialogue is really dorky (esp. Optimus. "Humans are a young species, we must protect them. They deserve the chance to make their own fate") Not that you go to a movie like this for great dialogue, but Optimus is supposed to be this hardboiled, tough general but his character is much truer to the cartoon version.

5. The movie is strangely-paced. There are moments when things seem really tense and then the action dissolves and then there are narrative sequences and then action again.

6. Some goofy casting choices with Anthony Anderson (supposedly a superhacker), Rachael Taylor (also super-hot, and a math/crypto genius by trade) and John Tuturro (supposedly a secret gov't agency head, but he plays it almost like the crazy butler in Mister Deeds)

I probably wouldn't see it again, but it wasn't terrible. I would try to rein in any great expectations; unlike what i thought would be the case, the live-action robots were actually the least of the movie's issues.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Transformers pre-screen factoid report

My brother got tix to an advance last night, invited me but I had plans and despise Michael Bay.

He's a huge transformers fan, he said he was happy the movie stayed true to a lot of the stuff in the original series/movie.

Said Starscream was by far the best transformer, which based on the ads isn't surprising at all.

He said that when the transformers talk, their dialogue is unbearable, though otherwise he seemed to think the movie was ok.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:41 PM

I am super ramped up for this movie.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am super ramped up for this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I just got pissed when I read IMDB's cast list. They have Charlie Adler listed as the voice of Starscream instead of Frank Welker.

WTF? Was Frank Welker too busy voicing dinosaurs for a Disney Movie or did he die or something?

So far from previews, the only thing I haven't liked is that they should've used G2 Megatron instead of a fancy new one. They could've at least made him a tank for the classic look of his cannon arm.

This movie looks like it's gona be awesome. Great work of CGI.