Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 08:54 PM

Default CALLING ALL HSNL POKER PROS

Hi guys advice needed from experienced pros I no your out there and would be a huge help! Are quickly just run though a small profile of myself am 19 form the u.k been playing poker now since left school not really worked at all poker has lucky supported me at a young age, for the last year though I really feel iv come in to my own with my poker skills (nl holdem) and have worked up to what I would say was a fairly healthy bankroll just over £40k I normally play $10/$20 and sometimes $5/$10 4 tabling, sometimes just for a exercise I play $10/$20 HU single table for an hour to warm up. My goal is to be the best like all young players im sure! I take great pride in my work and consider the game a true art, try to learn as much as I can at every session. Am looking in the future to become a good player at all types of poker, as I don’t want to just play NL all my life .Iv been thinking a lot lately about my poker career and how far it can go in general you could say which is true “however much work you put in” but how true is this? This is the problem I dropped out of school at a really young age, messed up my exams and to be honest am very poor academically so to be a fair im not very smart, I would say in my defence im very street wise so to speak and am always being told im very switched on. Anyway my question is how much does this affect my poker???I read all these books about these incredibly smart chess players that now play poker and wondered if they have an edge over a less smart player? But when it comes down to it surely pokers about guts class and reading your opponent that is raw talent right? Ok u have to no the math sure but that is just memory, I think iv been in enough spots to work out the % in every hand. I don’t expect to get a great deal back from this post because who wants to admit that there not that smart. But if there’s a pro out there that WAS in the same situation at a young age post me plzz or you know of someone like this? GOOD advice would help a lot guys
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: CALLING ALL HSNL POKER PROS

being a good student doesn't neccessarily translate into poker success. You can be a good poker player without being book smart.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 PM

I think you should start using correct sentence structure and grammar because reading run on sentences is very annoying and I think 40k isn't a big enough bankroll for the stakes you're playing, and you're gonna go broke, I'm sorry I've no use to you and I'm sorry you're not doing well in school but I think you should stick to 5/10 nl games
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 PM

that was my first thought but then I realized that its not in dollars and the euro is more valuable, so its closer to $70,000?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM

£40k = $75000 (80 soon!!) = plently to play $5/10 and $10/20...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 PM

oh. thought he was playing 5/10£ for some reason, eh