Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Poker X factor

Can anybody tell me of this site is worth the cost? I am trying to get better at NL holdem tournaments but have only done reasonably well in low entry buy-ins. Every time I get in a big tournament though (qualify) I shoot myself in the foot as I feel I am too inexperienced maybe.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Poker X factor

There's a lot of good information there, and the replayer is an excellent resource. Really it's just a question of how much the cost will hurt you, and how often you can make use of it (to make it worth it to you). An alternative is Cardrunners.com, which is also subscription-based, but has a TON of videos available for download.

--TFGoose
Old 08-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Thank you. Would you say one is better than the other?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:07 PM

PXF is probably the best "training site" for tournament players. With that said, a PXF subscription isn't going to make you a better tourney player overnight. If you haven't read Harrington on Hold'em Vol.1-3, I would suggest reading that first. Read it over and over again, until the info really sinks into your head, while at the same time playing the small buy-in tourneys and posting hands on here. Experience is key. After you've done all this then you can consider getting a PXF subscription. I find that often times new players aren't going to fully understand the thought process behind the advanced plays that they see in the videos, which in turn confuses them and costs them money. I'm not saying that these training sites (i.e. CR and PXF) are a bad thing, I just feel that you should go into it with a somewhat greater knowledge than a player who is just starting out.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:32 PM

I see your point and really appreciate it. I have won enough to actually pay for this (PXF) from winnings and even though I have at least read/scanned a lot of Harrington, I think it's worthwhile to review on your advice. Take care and thanks again.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 PM

To be honest, I find their guest pros to be the best part of the site. I don't even watch Bax/Sheets vids anymore because they just yap about everything that isn't poker. I can't stand those two (well mostly sheets).

But Rizen, Pearl Jammer, BelowAbove, Apestyles....those guys are all amazing and I thoroughly enjoy their vids.

I'm also a member of Cardrunners and I'd say that's a better site overall (better forums, more videos, etc). But if you're tournament exclusive PXF is the right place.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 AM

I actually signed up at RPT because they had a special. So I am using them now and will see how it goes. Thanks guys.