Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default play a game while we sit in the well?

I'm playing 1/2 at "West Lake" at UB. If the table is full of 2+2ers, I'll show my cards whenever possible.

-Eric
Old 11-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: play a game while we sit in the well?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 1/2 at "West Lake" at UB. If the table is full of 2+2ers, I'll show my cards whenever possible.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

full tilt and i woudl be there.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 PM

Hey E, I checked out your site and it is elly cool. Some great info there esp that piece on SLAG type of play. I suggest anyone to seriously check out your site.

1. So now you are strictly an online player or do you play live at all any more? If so what live limits?

2. Anything you lay on us here about your transformation from what you started as to what you consider yourself now? As did you start as a rock and become a slag etc?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. So now you are strictly an online player or do you play live at all any more? If so what live limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played serious live poker. I probably got in 10 sessions at Ace Point before switching to online. After playing online, live play is just monotonously slow to me, so I only play live with friends where the goal is having fun.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Anything you lay on us here about your transformation from what you started as to what you consider yourself now? As did you start as a rock and become a slag etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say... doesn't everyone always think they are playing "tough" poker? In my mind, I went from "tough" to "tougher" to "super-tough" to... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] :P

If I try to be objective about it, I probably started out a bit too tight / predictable / passive. I played my hands very straight-forwardly. Actually, I should probably go back to that.

These days, I'm pretty loose and aggressive. When I'm playing well, I reign in the aggression enough that I am playing relatively straight-forward. On my bad days, I bluff too much.

-Eric
Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Do you plan to write more article for your web site? It's been months since an update.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan to write more article for your web site? It's been months since an update.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer not to talk about my site too much, per mod request.

To answer your question though: I think you'll find lots of essay-like posts in the forum. I'm may compile some of that content into more formal essays about game theory / range handling soon.

thanks,
Eric
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM

anyone that has a question or comment about eric's site is encouraged to inquire about it via pm. we are dancing around a touchy subject when discussing a potential competitor of 2p2 within the websites own forums. i'm trying to find out the extent to which discussion on this subject must be controlled and will update further in a bit.

i want to extend a hearty thanks to eric(as well as the other past contributors) for taking the time to do this well. it's an invaluable resource for this forum and i just want to express my gratitude. thanks man.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM

Thanks James. Happy to do it.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: elindauer is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
Ever had tilt issues? If so, what did you do to control it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, not really. When I was playing serious poker, I always had a really probabilitic view of things... my goal was just to get my money in good as often as I could, and let the rest sort itself out.

When I play small stakes poker, I have a very hard time with tilt. I basically want to win a lot of money quickly, and don't have the patience to wait it out. I still haven't quite figured out what to do about that (aside from move up! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you make such awesome posts? All posts I read from you are a couple of paragraphs, and well thought out. Don't you have better things to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I type really quickly so it's not that hard to type as I think. Often, writing out complete thoughts helps me understand the hand / my own thought process better.

But yeah... actually right now I don't have anything better to do. I've decided to take the rest of the year off from my programming job, so I'm just bumming around right now, trynig decide whether or not to really get back into the game.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: elindauer is in the well

E.-

was just wondering - what inspired you to make a range calculator, how did you go about making it, and how do you use it at your games?