Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 04:56 AM

Default BEAT: laptop busto in a foreign land

x-posted from mttc [censored] thread

----------

i was supposed to get a massage at one of the best places at seoul today. left my hotel with the name of the place, cabby couldn't find it, i hadn't written down the number, i got out and wandered around for a while and i couldn't find it, came back to my hotel disappointed.

walk in my room, flip open my laptop to find a [censored] ugly, ugly, terrible blue screen with a bunch of words on it that i didn't understand. however, two phrases i did understand were "you should restart your computer immediately" (who knows how long it had been saying that) and "beginning physical memory dump"

WTF

restarted, it wont boot up. so im stuck in seoul at the very beginning of my trip with no laptop and no real idea of how to sort it out. also if i lose everything on that laptop... i had like a year and a half of good law school notes, tons of personal information, tons of pictures that i'm going to be really sad to lose. everyone was like "you should back up your HD dude" and i was all "sorry but what are you gonna do about it?" and now im kicking myself so hard.

the concierge said she'd try getting in touch with the dell srevice center tomorrow morning but i'm really not very hopeful. i imagine they'll just be like "we need to send it away for two weeks and maybe try to fix it or get you a new one," but in two weeks ill be in the middle of china with no way to retrieve it. this is all so [censored]. i'm probably gonna just buy a new one. does anyone know if laptops bought in korea work fine in america? gg another 2k, i dont even punt money at -ev games or cash or anything like that like most tourney donks, i just punt it by being a huge life fish.

also i had received a warning yesterday that there might be a virus on my computer, but it just said like "we've detected something weird, you should run your full virus scan," so i did, and it found nothing, and i felt like, [censored] it, i guess everything is ok. APPARENTLY NOT GAHHHHH.

BAD NEWS BEARS GUYS.

bad news bears.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: BEAT: laptop busto in a foreign land

Even if it is totally screwed, you can pay someone to retrieve almost everything on there.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:09 AM

god im so tilted right now

and i cant smoke weed because im in korea and theyll shoot me and feed my body to their dogs to fatten them up so they can later eat them

beat: cant smoke weed or ill be indirectly cannabalized by the entire country of south korea

beat: not sure if cannabalized is a word
Old 10-02-2007, 05:11 AM

Yeah dude dont [censored] around in Korea. Go shopping and drink some soju. That [censored] will put you on your ass.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 AM

i dont understand how a country can be ok with transvestite hookers but not ok with me getting stoned
Old 10-02-2007, 05:15 AM

Where are you staying and why are you there? I was just there this morning...weird
Old 10-02-2007, 05:18 AM

staying at the westin chosun near city hall. nice place. bit pricy but i didnt mind splurging since it's the very beginning of my trip and i havent gone busto yet.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:20 AM

ahh...stay clear of the live games at the sheraton walkerhill...$20 max rake and i saw it pulled on uncalled money more than once...and its a free for all on what languages are allowed at the tables.... good luck with the laptop situation
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

restarted, it wont boot up. so im stuck in seoul at the very beginning of my trip with no laptop and no real idea of how to sort it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, how are you posting this?

jw imo.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 AM

theres a computer in my hotel room luckily. but im leaving in like three days and im not sure if my next hotel room (in hong kong) will have a computer, and after that will be in [censored] places that i'm sure won't have one (although, to be fair, probably won't have an internet connection at all so its kind of a wash).