Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Fun with AA

CO here is tilting I think. He's been 3-betting me lightly and spewing a bit post-flop. I've been making some good reads on him though, which I think is adding to his tilt. I have no reads on the Button.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero...
Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Edit: fixed my reads.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Fun with AA

Folds

In what world will button have anything but JT or a set?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 AM

He may be tilting, but the button is in there and I can't imagine him having anything less than a set after that preflop and flop action. You have represented AQ/KK/AA and he sees this. If you call here, you are hoping to hit some kind of two-pair/set out, and even if you improve you are probably toast to JT. So I think this is a pretty easy fold, though that is one gigantic pot.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 AM

With a guy on tilt and unknown that seems pretty dedicated to this pot you have to be prepared to put a lot of bets in to take this to SD. Our reversed implied odds suck at the point of decision in this hand and folding is the only sane thing to do. Don't forget to watch the SD and take notes what they played like this, very intresting to see what Button CC 3-bets pf with and then CC twice on flop before raising this turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM

Okay, it was an easy fold and I made it. The CO showed QJo and the button showed KTo unimproved on the river. The CO 3-bet the turn and the button called the river unimproved.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 AM

try to change seat and get behind those morons. You should be glad they showed those hand since now you know you have two morons at the table.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Leading this turn may make the hand easier to play
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 AM

I actually think this is closer to a call than Oink thinks, but a fold is ok. It should be noted that this is 1/2 on Pstars so it doesn't take a straight or a set for a villain to go nuts in a mutiway pot. While I understand that people tend to semi-bluff less and in general be less aggressive at lower stakes, it also is definitely true that people overvalue TP.

Assuming that there is some chance that the button realizes the CO is tilting and is playing super aggro because of that I think you have a call down, especially when we consider that the button is an unknown. The pot is big and even if it costs us 4BB to get to SD we are still getting 5.5-1 (I think it is more likel to cost us 3 in which case we are getting almost 7-1). I think we are definitely good here 15% of the time against a tilter and an unknown. Plus even if one of them has two pair we have a lot of chop outs.

oink himself said he doesn't fold good hands to morons, and we know that at least one of these players is a tilting and playing like a moron. Back when I played 1/2 it was usually safe to assume that that unknowns probably didn't play well postflop, so I didn't give up too easily with med strength hands in big pots.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:50 PM

note I meant to say hidden outs and not chop outs above.