Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Boy or girl

[ QUOTE ]
My oldest is 13 and I am very blunt with her when it comes to dealing with boys, booze, drugs, etc. I am not concerned that she will make a bad decision anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that...How could you possibly not be concerned that a 13 year will make a bad decision?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My oldest is 13 and I am very blunt with her when it comes to dealing with boys, booze, drugs, etc. I am not concerned that she will make a bad decision anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that...How could you possibly not be concerned that a 13 year will make a bad decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if she does, its her life. Mid teen's are not kids anymore, no matter how much it feels like to you. If she's going to [censored] up her life then, she'll probably [censored] it up as soon as she leaves your authoritarian custody anyway, so she might as well learn her lesson while young.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I have done our best raising her. Of course, I worry like any other father, but I do have a lot of faith in her. She is not really concerned with peer pressure or social standing. My wife does not drink and I very infrequently (maybe twice a year at picnics and such) drink in front of the kids. I have a very close relationship with her and she is comfortable talking to me so right now I am not that concerned. Now when she gets a boyfriend or her driver's license, I will probably have more cause to worry.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:18 PM

Id want a boy, at least for the first one, there are not girls in our family, except my newborn neice, so I hvae no experience whatsoever dealing with little girls, and how to treat them etc. Boys you can let them to their own devices a little more than girls, they are tougher, and obv I identify with their interests more so I can relate to them better. not to say obv I wouldnt love any child I had, it would just be way easier w/ a boy.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM

When my wife and I went to the 4 month ultrasound, I was disappointed when they announced 'girl'. I'm not ashamed to say that I wanted a boy. I think it's natural to have a preference. Not a huge preference, but still...

I'm really glad I had 5 months to warm up to the idea, and now that she's here, I can't imagine being any happier.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM

Being a militant parent is a great way to put a lot of time into making sure your kid hates you and disobeys you.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 PM

I wanted the first one to be a boy - it was. I wanted the second to be a girl - it was (I'm pretty good at guessing the gender of babies I guess --- even with friends I'm right about 50% of the time) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

With the buns in the oven right now, the only thing I don't want is two boys (only because I think it would be really hard for my daughter to be the middle child and the only girl.) Other than that...no strong preference this time around.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Being honest with myself, i think i'd much prefer a boy than girl. Not because i'm worried about her being a [censored] or what not, but i just think having a boy would be so awesome. Teach him what he needs to know, who he should hate (jk people!), how to do this and that, etc.

I mean really, is there any person out there who upon deciding to be a parent wouldn't want the child of their gender if they could only have one?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Its funny, in all the research they've done, they've concluded that parenting means very little in whether your child will grow up successful or not; what really counts are their friends from age 12 onwards. Parents try so hard, but in the end, its irrelovent.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny, in all the research they've done, they've concluded that parenting means very little in whether your child will grow up successful or not; what really counts are their friends from age 12 onwards. Parents try so hard, but in the end, its irrelovent.

[/ QUOTE ]

genetics is more important than any other single factor