Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: poker essays

[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is really not the place to just cut and paste everything you've written about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. That's why I just posted 4 articles instead of two dozen.

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to submit your articles to the 2+2 magazine (PM Dynasty or something). But I don't think you're going to spark much discussion. If you have a specific point you want to debate, post a paragraph.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to spark a specific debate. I'm just giving away a lot of poker ideas that have helped me win. Isn't the medium stakes limit hold 'em a good spot to post a bunch of material about the ins and outs of beating medium stakes limit hold 'em games?! Do I really have to break it down hand by hand?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you hope to gain from this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've explained my motivations already.

I know 2+2 has become paranoid about the possibility that anyone might gain in any way from a post they make. It's true that maybe my site might pick up a couple members from this giveaway. But so what? I think the dozens of original essays I'm giving away to this community should more than compensate for any minor gain I might make. What's the problem here? Do I seem like a spammer who is trying to make money on google ads by driving traffic to some crappy site? Are you afraid that my little rinky-dink website is going to be too much competition? Do you really think someone who comes to my site will stop reading 2+2? I haven't even stopped reading 2+2, and I OWN THE SITE! I just can't imagine why this is an issue.

This is good material and the users of this forum who read it will benefit. IMO, that's all that should matter. If you want to delete / lock / whatever this thread, well, that's your perogative. As just about the only person at 2+2 who isn't a mod of some forum or another... I can't stop you! ;P

-Eric
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is really not the place to just cut and paste everything you've written about poker. You might want to submit your articles to the 2+2 magazine (PM Dynasty or something). But I don't think you're going to spark much discussion. If you have a specific point you want to debate, post a paragraph. What do you hope to gain from this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate everything youve said PJ. I dont know elindauer personally, but I do know that he is one of the best limit holdem players on this planet.

If this man wants to click and paste everything he has written about poker this is the exact place it should be done.

Please dont lock his threads. Just stay out of his way and let him do his thing. And for the love of god, please dont ask him stupid rude questions like "What do you hope to gain from this thread?"

Elindaur is a great teacher. Let him teach, and I promise you anyone who pays attention will benefit greatly.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Yeah, I have to second the desire to let this thread grow. Post everything as far as I am concerned. No locky por favor PJ.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have to second the desire to let this thread grow. Post everything as far as I am concerned. No locky por favor PJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Elindaur is a great teacher. Let him teach, and I promise you anyone who pays attention will benefit greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ, lock this and we'll have problems.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 AM

yup please don't lock this. I'm enjoying reading it, and can't figure out a better place for it. Certainly more content then a lot of other stuff that gets put in there. Thanks OP
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM

Wtf how is this not spam?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf how is this not spam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is no spoon !
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at my other thread and found it locked. I'm not sure what that's about.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, it did seem in bad taste.

I want to thank everyone, so I'm extending you an offer to send me some money.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at my other thread and found it locked. I'm not sure what that's about.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, it did seem in bad taste.

I want to thank everyone, so I'm extending you an offer to send me some money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. I hope the free articles given here and the promise to refund any "I forgot to cancel" type charges will serve to assuage your concern about my motivations.

This offer does seem to be oddly polarizing though, so let me rephrase it.

POKER ESSAY OFFER, TAKE TWO:

Here are a few essays I've written that I thought you guys might enjoy. Hope they help!

Sincerely,
Eric

PS. there are a lot more, and I've created a backdoor for getting temporary free access to them if you want. Or not. It's up to you.

Does that sound better? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]