Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Live BB against a tool

I was playing live $2/$5 NL. I had approx. $375 and was MP3. MP1 is the villian in this hand. He was a complete tool. He kept his hands(the ones with fingers) folded in front of his chips the entire game. If he was in the game, his hands would cover his cards, so it was not apparent if he was in or out by looking at him. About 20 minutes prior to the hand in question, he had been warned by the dealer that his cards had to be visible at all times after he made a raise in a three way hand where the caller was not aware villian was in the hand. In that hand his raise was allowed to stay and no one called the floor.

Anyway, onto the BBV hand. As I was saying, I was MP3 with $375, villian, MP1, had about $800, and SB also had about $800.
PF I was dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Two limpers, including MP1, to me so I limped as well. CO called. SB raised to $20, BB folded, everyone else called.

Flop came 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checked, I bet $70 (keep in mind villian was MP1 and should act before me). Villian was covering his cards again, and it was not clear that he was in the hand. Small blind mini-raised to $150, at which point villian said he was all-in. I was not aware he was in the hand, and I never saw his check prior to my initial bet. SB was livid. He rightly accused the villian of angle shooting, and the floor was called over. The small blind argued that the villian's hand should be ruled dead as it was not visible. Villian tried to deny this. After about 10 minutes of arguing it was decided that his all-in would remain. I insta-called, and SB folded his A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] face up. Villian turned over 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Turn was an 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

River was an A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

At first villian thought that he had won the pot, then it was pointed out that I had a str8 flush and I got the pot. SB was even more furious since the side pot would have been his if he had called.

Another 30 minutes went by, and once again the villian tried the same angle. This time, however, the floor did the right thing and ruled his hand dead and the SB from the above hand got most of his chips back. Villian (the angle shooting tool) started to cry. He soon left the table. Normally I feel a little guilty when I win someone's money, with a bad beat like str8 flush vs. boat. In this case, however, when I win it from such a tool, it just feels good.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Live BB against a tool

[ QUOTE ]

I feel a little guilty when I win someone's money, with a bad beat like str8 flush vs. boat. In this case, however, when I win it from such a tool, it just feels good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had him all the way?
Old 06-24-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian (the angle shooting tool) started to cry. He soon left the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhaha!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I feel a little guilty when I win someone's money, with a bad beat like str8 flush vs. boat. In this case, however, when I win it from such a tool, it just feels good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had him all the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a bad beat. at no point was he ahead in this hand.

nice one regardless.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian (the angle shooting tool) started to cry. He soon left the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhaha!

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually cried!?!?! Please tell me you laughed at him (out loud).
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 PM

If the cards weren't turned over already, this would be the one time slowrolling would be ok in my mind.

Something like I got a straight.....pause, look at his boat...pause....FLUSH [censored]