Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
Dom - did you get your rug clean? Any pictures from Red Rock for us?

Hyde - you just saw them in concert? Are they any good? (TSO is like Meatloaf on steroids??)

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw them Friday night in Portland ME. great show.
The lead guitarist was a David Lee Roth wannabe, but closer to Joe Dirt in reality ( not his reality).
Everything else was kickass. The drummer was the best since Ginger Baker, he had so many drums and cymbals it looked like he was in a chrome thunder dome. The woman on first keyboard had mad skillz. two of the vocalists were either the strongest voices evah or sound systems have reached a new level.
Excellent effects and lights. Snow even. Seven local musicians did the strings, kind of a 'deer in the headlights' situation, but carried the sound. They were conducted/following/backing a guy with an electric violin...nice effect.
For those who don't know, the first half of the show is a blend of rock and roll xmas songs and a kind of poetic xmas story intertwined. The second half is rock and roll orchestra. When they started the slow beginning of 'Proud Mary' I said it takes huge testicles to try to cover that song. Tina still rules.