Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Misplayed KK?

I realize I accidentally go all in on the turn but that has no impact on the hand IMO. Thoughts?

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button ($46.03)
SB ($7.89)
BB ($9.75)
Hero ($23.10)
MP ($23.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with , .
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $0.4</font>, MP calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($2) , , [color=#0000FF](5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $1.25</font>, MP folds, Button calls $1.25, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.50) [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $3.5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $7</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $18.5</font>, Button calls $11.50.

River: ($41.50) [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $2.9</font>, Button calls $2.90.

Final Pot: $47.30
Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Misplayed KK?

call minbet on turn

check/fold river
Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Also, this guy had been pretty loose playing alot of hands and was seemingly unpredictable and randomly aggressive
Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 PM

why are we check folding the river, dont we already have so much to much in there to just fold?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this guy had been pretty loose playing alot of hands and was seemingly unpredictable and randomly aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

With this info i would say just to get it in on turn. if you just call him, you will give him a cheep possibility to hit flush, his overpair or a 5. i would say just to get to get it in on turn would be best EV here. you already pot committed so bound to call on river unless the 5 is coming
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 PM

I think check folding the river is pretty passive and bad. There are alot of hands he could have that are beaten QQ, JJ, pocket 10s. Also, because this guy had been playing so loose its even possible for him to have 9s or simply have caught a 5. The only hands beating me 7x or AA which is a very small part of his range.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 PM

I like RichAm's line best. If he's playing way loose, we can assign more lower cards into his ranges. You're 230BB deep, raise to 4BB UTG, MP calls, at which point, a good LAG is capable of calling with any two connectors since he gets to play the pot IP. Plus, implied odds get really strong since you raised UTG and are both so very deep.

Flop bet and turn bets are fine, but his minraise is wayyy too phishy and is a 7 or overpair quite often. That said, he probably raises QQ/KK/AA and maybe JJ since it's a three-way pot, so we're only looking at assorted sevens, 33, 55, and 88/99/TT/JJ. We're wayyy behind wayyy too much of his range to want to reraise here. We should just call the turn bet and see what the river brings. Sometimes people minraise to reduce action on subsequent streets, so he might just check an overpair by being suspicious of you having a seven. Regardless, check his river betsize and work from there to find a fold/call.

If you have reason to believe he wouldn't play 33/55 or 67/78/A7 this way, then this is a shove, because you'll probably get value out of 88/99/TT/JJ.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are we check folding the river, dont we already have so much to much in there to just fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

you check/fold the river AFTER you call the min-bet

the reraise there is just horrible
Old 08-31-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think check folding the river is pretty passive and bad. There are alot of hands he could have that are beaten QQ, JJ, pocket 10s. Also, because this guy had been playing so loose its even possible for him to have 9s or simply have caught a 5. The only hands beating me 7x or AA which is a very small part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level they are reraising AA/QQ/JJ and sometimes TT. You must be forgetting about 86/33/55 which are also in his range. Once he minraises turn you should know your beat, but for the odds to make your FH on river you have to call. Now the river brings a 4 which completes any 6 with a straight. Depending on what he bets it is a check/fold. If he bets something that gives you 8:1 or more then you can call for the odds.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:32 PM

thanks for the input