Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 10:52 PM

Default 10/20 Stud HL Should I play this any different?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1.00, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.30 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (9.65 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (21.65 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

River - (25.65 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (29.65 BB)

With the 4's, I was willing to call 1 completed bet but definitely not 2. The rest of the hand is pretty standard, would anybody play 5th different? I was about 100% sure seat 7 was just on a low draw.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Stud HL Should I play this any different?

I think 4th and 5th are pretty bad. That Ace had to catch Seat 4 good.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM

3rd is always debatable.

fourth and fifth are too aggressive for me. you're getting freerolled or about to get drawnout with some very live cards for seat 4.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Well thats the thing... 3rd street I'm sure a lot of people would fold which is usually correct.. I actually meant to fold but misclicked on my laptop call so once I was in for the bring in with two other completions I would be getting the right price to see another card On 4th street I was almost 100% sure that both seats 4 and 7 were on fairly rough low draws. On 5th sfter seat 4 just called it was obvious he was either bad or didnt have a low. I then put him on the only other obvious hands he could could have, a small pair and a low draw . Seat 7 I was still positive had like a 7 or 8 draw. I was lucky to make kings up on 7th and get paid off, but with that read would anybody play the hand different?