Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Two hands I play passively

Hand 1:

Villain is DbLuckyJulie, 35/21 LAGgy but ok.

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.

Hand 2:

Villain is jigareto, good TAG probably one of you. fwiw both blinds were 35/20 defend too often type of guys.

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB.

All comments appreciated,
DeathDonkey
Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Two hands I play passively

Ohhhh sneaky title. I play hand 1 the same. Hand 2 I still want to 3bet pf. I think that makes the hand a lot easier. Looks like you have to hope he has QQ there though. I would c/f 88/99.

I don't think I'd ever cold call there pf.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM

Hand #1: Peeling here seems a bit loose, I probably just fold the flop. River, well you got this far, might as well put in one more bet and hope that he just got counterfitted.

Hand #2:

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw both blinds were 35/20 defend too often type of guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet you didn't 3-bet pre??

With the way you played it preflop, yeah you basically have to call down since he could be betting a jack or QQ thinking it's good. but I would prefer a standard line of 3-betting preflop especially with loose blinds.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM

Hand #1: I fold the flop.
Hand #2: edit. Didn't see that you didn't 3-bet preflop. I play it the same.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:12 PM

I think you're trying too hard to make cute plays. The flop peel in hand #1 and the preflop in hand #2 are poor. Limit hold 'em just isn't all that complicated.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're trying too hard to make cute plays. The flop peel in hand #1 and the preflop in hand #2 are poor. Limit hold 'em just isn't all that complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree here. You are spewing on hand one, and getting overly cute on hand two.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:38 PM

Don't mind Hand 2 - would like to see a SD here and since the blinds are now gone you need to call down, not sure the rationale for not popping it preflop though, loose blinds will just mean more money in the pot with your likley best hand.

Hand 1 - I am likley folding preflop, if played the way you did I would find a fold on the flop for sure....
Old 08-23-2006, 02:38 PM

hand 1: expert

hand 2: raise the river and fold to a 3 bet 80% and bluff cap the other 20%.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:46 PM

i don't know about the flop play in hand one, but the river play is standard if you made it that far.

you said the blinds defended too much in hand 2, yet you didn'g 3-bet preflop? postflop i play it the same.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:11 PM

Hand 1 I don't like at all. His range has you crushed even if you hit your pair and since he 3-betted preflop he will fire a second barrel about 90% of the time. If you were defending I don't mind this peel once in a while since their is some chance that you will get a free card on the turn but considering the preflop action and your position this is not likely here. You are basically hoping for runner runner str8 or flush or for him to have a PP&lt;J.

Hand 2 I don't mind from time to time. Of course that this is not the board you were hoping for but I think you played it fine from there.