Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Is this an auto call at the turn?

This was a hand between Mike Matusow(UTG+1) and iRockhoes (hero) on FullTilt last night. I am an OBSERVER at these stakes and was wondering about Matusow's turn call. Also, in shorthanded games does "turning" a draw factor in the decision to continue the hand or was he simply counting his 2 overcards as "live" on the flop and got lucky?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14440
UTG+1: $6776
CO: $5000
Button: $13161
SB: $3693
Hero: $5172

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $175</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($550, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $550</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1100</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2750, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2750</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $3897</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10544, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10544)

Results:
Final pot: $10544
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 showed Th Jh</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 8s Ts</font>
Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Is this an auto call at the turn?

I think Mike might have a pocket pair like 10's and above, he can also have AK KQ or AQ. But the way he played this hand I think pocket pair is more likely. I would love to know the result of the hand however.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Mike might have a pocket pair like 10's and above, he can also have AK KQ or AQ. But the way he played this hand I think pocket pair is more likely. I would love to know the result of the hand however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results are in white at bottom. Showing them sometimes skews peoples responses [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 PM

mike's turn call? am I misreading something, or do you mean the call he made getting like 9:1 wtih a gutshot+fd; yeah that's standard
Old 05-12-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mike's turn call? am I misreading something, or do you mean the call he made getting like 9:1 wtih a gutshot+fd; yeah that's standard

[/ QUOTE ]

i think OP is asking about the flop call.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:36 AM

I am the "hero" in this hand. I played the hand like this because I was almost positive he had two overs on the flop, or he probably would have reraised my min-raise as he likes to over bet me cause I "think he's always bluffing." Since I was pretty sure of this, any card that really came out and I checked he'd bet hard. He also likes to semi-bluff turn draws alot, so this was also a possibility. I was giving him the chance to bluff at it. If his over cards involved the one card he got, then so be it I reload and play again. This may seem like an overplay with just top pair but I have alot of hands logged with Mike and was fairly confident on my read. As it turned out i got the majority of my money in as a 2 to 1 favorite on the turn, so I am happy with how I played it.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:12 AM

cool hand, thx for replying.

welcome to the forums.