Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: need advice on weird job situation.

Jobs should pay you, you should not pay jobs. I think this is a pretty good rule to apply wrt employement.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so i signed up. you have to pay a fee of 2500 dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

I see so many stupid people getting by in life, it really fills me with a warm, fuzzy feeling when one of them finally gets what they deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of? To cater to your sense of superiority?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm not saying that this isn't a scam (it sounds like it is), but to all of you quoting "$2500" and saying scam, how would you propose a legitimate business like this would operate?

If I go into business training ppl on being an armed guard including lots of classes and gun training I'm just supposed to comp you?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 PM

Do they have an office? Go down there and act bat[censored] crazy. Don't leave without cash in hand. Odds of this working are small, but best you've got. Otherwise you are SOL.

Oh, and being a security guard doesn't require all this unless you carry a gun, and that's really rare.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that this isn't a scam (it sounds like it is), but to all of you quoting "$2500" and saying scam, how would you propose a legitimate business like this would operate?

If I go into business training ppl on being an armed guard including lots of classes and gun training I'm just supposed to comp you?

[/ QUOTE ]

They would provide the training and then get a placement fee paid to them by the employers who need the trained security people.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They would provide the training and then get a placement fee paid to them by the employers who need the trained security people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I can see it working both ways. Colleges, trade schools, etc. Although this certainly seems like a scam.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 PM

It's definitely not a scam, they are affiliated with the only legit gun range in new york and when I was taking the initial courses there like 29 of the 30 people training had gone through this company. I know you hear "I paid money up front..." and immediately think scam but this place isn't really. I'm going to focus on calling this one guy all day today and monday and if that doesn't work I'm just going to go there and refuse to leave until someone deals with me. Progress report coming soon...
Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's definitely not a scam, they are affiliated with the only legit gun range in new york and when I was taking the initial courses there like 29 of the 30 people training had gone through this company. I know you hear "I paid money up front..." and immediately think scam but this place isn't really. I'm going to focus on calling this one guy all day today and monday and if that doesn't work I'm just going to go there and refuse to leave until someone deals with me. Progress report coming soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

gl hope you get your $$ back
Old 11-09-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so i signed up. you have to pay a fee of 2500 dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

I see so many stupid people getting by in life, it really fills me with a warm, fuzzy feeling when one of them finally gets what they deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of? To cater to your sense of superiority?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he being taken advantage of? If he lacks the common sense to not pay over $2,000 for employment then it's entirely his own fault. The same applies to poor people who spend thousands of dollars buying lottery tickets. Is the lottery taking advantage of them?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:25 PM

alternatively (or if no refund forthcoming), finish the courses and get yr gun permit? then the next time you hit a downswing/bad spot/whatever you've got that to fall back on.