Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: too much action???

[ QUOTE ]
d-grief i have done this, have you, i have figured for my play i dont have to flip with idiot my whole point was that +EV wasnt gambling, even if he is pushing with any 4 cards the edge isnt as great as when i would play say 2-4 pl on stars.....therefore flipping with him is NOT +EV....i dont think you understand this concept bc your response was very ignorant

-jaja

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you are saying then? I have played him and have won quite a lot from to the extent that he sits out if I come to a table (assuming it's not multi-way). When you said "flipping on FT with Idiot is not +EV" I took it to mean that you thought you would have a neutral or negative expectation as would anyone else reading that - which is wrong since I think you play better than him .

If you were trying to state that you have a higher expectation playing other games, you might have stated that rather than saying what you did. Also, calling someone very ignorant for expressing a view or trying to debate a point is not very constructive.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 PM

These types of tables never pay off big for me. I think the two most common scenarios are either lose big, or double-up and get the hell out. These tables simply don't suit my game, and negate my edge. This is the type of table that is almost guaranteed to throw you off your game...unless this is your game.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Hi Jaja - When you post something to a forum, isn't it because you want to communicate with the readers of the forum? Isn't it because you want us to understand what you are thinking?

Normally we separate ideas into sentences. It's not a requirement that you do - sometimes a phrase or even one word will suffice.

To make the sentences (or phrases) stand apart from one another, we usually end them with periods. It's not a requirement that you do that, but it's very difficult to understand what you mean when you don't.

And then if you want to get fancy, you can start sentences or phrases with capital letters. It's not a requirement that you do that either, and not even absolutely necessary that you do.

But periods, at least would help us to understand you. And question marks when you mean something to be a question.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you understand this concept bc your response was very ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't understand the concept because I couldn't understand what you were trying to communicate.

I do understand that you are telling D-Grief his response was very ignorant. But whether someone's response is ignorant or not, please do not say it is.

We discuss ideas on this forum and we don't always agree. But when we disagree, rather than telling someone he is ignorant or insulting him in any other way, we try to explain our points of view more clearly. And in doing that, we help ourselves and each other to understand the game better and play more successfully.

I'm interested in your point of view. But I'm probably not always going to agree with you, and I don't want to be insulted when I don't.

Buzz
Old 09-28-2007, 09:02 PM

wow buzz are you serious? i am on the deans list at a University, and am majoring in financing in business. i am 20 years old and worth over $400,000 dollars. What are you doing with your life monitoring chat rooms? Dont ever lecture me again on grammar, and try to demean me like that. Honestly, also if you want to take this up on the tables i will gladly play you for your annually salary (which i make in a week), and then maybe we will see how smart you are. GTFO and SMD
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow buzz are you serious? i am on the deans list at a University, and am majoring in financing in business. i am 20 years old and worth over $400,000 dollars. What are you doing with your life monitoring chat rooms? Dont ever lecture me again on grammar, and try to demean me like that. Honestly, also if you want to take this up on the tables i will gladly play you for your annually salary (which i make in a week), and then maybe we will see how smart you are. GTFO and SMD

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that was a little condescending by BUZZ, but why escalate and turn it into an e-peen measuring contest. You don't have to take his advice on grammer if you don't want to, but obviously you do have to adhere to the MOD'S ideas of not posting abusively.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow buzz are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, Jaja. I'm serious.

[ QUOTE ]
i am on the deans list at a University,

[/ QUOTE ]Good for you. Please try to demonstrate it here.

[ QUOTE ]
i am 20 years old and worth over $400,000 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]Good for you.

[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing with your life monitoring chat rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]Now there's a regular sentence! The answer is it's none of your business what I do or have done with my life.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont ever lecture me again on grammar,

[/ QUOTE ]What I wrote was hardly a lecture on grammar. Perhaps it was a lecture on manners. Please behave.
[ QUOTE ]
and try to demean me like that.

[/ QUOTE ]I was trying to help you. I honestly could not understand the meaning of your posts. You demean yourself by not making your posts clear.

This post however, is clear. Thank you for that much.
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, also if you want to take this up on the tables i will gladly play you for your annually salary (which i make in a week), and then maybe we will see how smart you are.

[/ QUOTE ]What does your salary have to do with having good manners on this forum?

I responded to you after you insulted another poster. I don't care if you're richer than him or a better poker player than him or not.

And I don't care if you're richer than me or a better poker player than me or not.

[ QUOTE ]
GTFO and SMD

[/ QUOTE ]I think I get the first one, but I don't know what SMD means. You have to make your meaning clear if you want me to understand what you mean.

Buzz
Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 PM

you are like an annoying observer on the rail buzz, i said nothing to you then all of a sudden i get this very cute response from you pertaining my proper grammar and rhetoric IMO the way i talk is more widely accepted online than talking perfect english, i didnt sign up for 2+2 thinking that it was an unfriendly environment run by the gestapo........................................... ....(u like those periods)..............................(how about some more)...........................(is this as good for you as it is for me).........................................SMD
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am 20 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never have guessed.

Buzz is right. Your posts are unintelligible. If you want to engage adults in discussion, it would help if you composed your posts in English. Or some other widely-recognized language.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Buzz was harsh, and rude to the new guy, but spot on. I thought that OP was dumb like a post -- and I didn't respect anything he was saying -- until he replied in this thread in standard written English and showed that he had a brain.

But that raises another question: why does the OP choose to post like an illiterate person when he is clearly capable of more? I almost disrespect him more for presenting himself as dumb. Or lazy.

I don't agree that the way that the OP talks is "widely accepted online" -- it is acceptable in chat boxes, text messages, and IMs, where you are trying to convey basic ideas quickly, but not here. Intelligent analysis and discussion (which is what I think we try to do here, even though we don't always) requires complete thoughts and sentences, and (you will notice that) this is hard to do when you don't write coherently.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are like an annoying observer on the rail buzz, i said nothing to you then all of a sudden i get this very cute response from you pertaining my proper grammar and rhetoric IMO the way i talk is more widely accepted online than talking perfect english, i didnt sign up for 2+2 thinking that it was an unfriendly environment run by the gestapo........................................... ....(u like those periods)..............................(how about some more)...........................(is this as good for you as it is for me).........................................SMD

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original reply, I was going to mention your style of writing made it very difficult to read, but I refrained since I thought English could not be your first language, and I did not want to seem insulting. Good grammatical constructs aid greatly to the lucidity of any written passage, internet or not.