Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

And nephews, and nieces, and big time responsibilitites. I don't have time to play 3000 SNGs a month (chasing leaderboard points), devote hours to mastering ICM or ranges in SNGPT, or be on 2+2 all day. I've been playing SNGs since late 2003. If you add up all the time I've played since then, it probably equals less than a year of grinding by bigjoe. Trust me, if I had the kind of time on my hands that these guys do, it's no doubt in my mind that I'd be better than all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then turn pro, have 40 hours a week to spend studying/grinding, and get better than everyone else. This isn't complicated. Surely joe is making more per hour than you are. Your arguments just don't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does add up when you have a family to consider and think about. Most of the shipithollaballa guys and others are young and don't have much to think about other than themselves. I don't have the bankroll, nor confidence in the hypocritical U.S. government, to just delve into pushing 40 hours a week playing SNGs online. I'd need at least a good 6+ months of savings to sustain my household to the point getting to a level where I could rely on poker for a living. Even if I did, cash games have shown me the light. My style of play is very tricky, tight-loose aggressive and it feels more at home in NL cash games than SNGs. I like postflop poker too much to focus on becoming the best SNG player in the world or even in the top 10.