Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 05:23 PM
 is offline

Default Re: BVB rope toss - stars 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only hand you should worry about is 9T - he 3 bets anything else pf. I'm not really scared of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is important and one thing OP seems to be missing. Especially AT, KQ and KJ are very likely to 3bet preflop and often QJ too. T9 is a threat as you say, but it's a too small fraction of his range to worry about so soon.

So don't be so scared and 3bet the flop. The really strong hands are important to play strongly, you'r just missing too much value here.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:23 PM

He has tptk, the guy is really aggro, he is 3 betting any hand that beats up pf bar T9, there is no need to be scared of him folding a hand to the turn 3 bet, no one folds pairs in blind battles.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:25 PM

I always feel like a tard checking the river, but any hand one of the hyper aggros calls a river bet with he bets the turn with, so checking and praying he bluffs is the best option IMO
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has tptk, the guy is really aggro, he is 3 betting any hand that beats up pf bar T9, there is no need to be scared of him folding a hand to the turn 3 bet, no one folds pairs in blind battles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean is probably right, this guy would probably call down with a worse K, a Q or a J after I threebet and lead lead, and I probably get more value from just jamming it into him here.

I used to have a really high AF when I played lower limits and now that I've been playing 10/20, I've been needing to slow down and let people hang themselves. This hand represents me overextending the concept.

So back the aikido thing, whoever asked about aikido, just look it up on wikipedia. It's a japanese martial art that consists of using opponents' strengths against, instead of just meeting force with more force, you go with the flow of the battle.

Anyway, let's say this guy is in the SB, I'm in the BB and i've called a preflop raise and this flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] shows up..

which hands are you calling to the river with and which and(when) are you raising?

A)K4o
B)QTo
C)J8o
D)KTo

The way I've been playing lately, I would just call them all to the river unimproved, and bet if checked to (probably checking J8 behind.) Is this advanced or oversimplified?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:47 PM

lol @ check-calling all the way with TPTK in a blindwar.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I posted it. It felt wrong after I did it.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I posted it. It felt wrong after I did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is wrong in this spot. Flop texture and our opponent's probable range factor in heavily. Things that make your approach more favorable:

A) dry-ish flops, ones where there aren't that many worse calling hands (think Q7 on a Q42 flop)

B) opponents who fire too many barrels(esp w/ the initiative...guys who will fire the flop and turn before they look at their cards)

C) situations where your hand is relatively obvious if you raise, such that worse hands may fold and better hands will typically 3bet (eg, we raise pf, villain donks we call on 974 board, K hits we raise... a call is better in certain situations assuming villain is capable of folding a 7 or 4 and will keep firing with weak draws or pairs, since our hand is a relatively obvious pair of kings so better hands will almost always 3bet us including bottom2pair)

etc.

Surf
Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 PM

I like to donk the turn here. We need to collect at least two more BB from Villain and three is even better. OP's line makes it too cheap for a T/J/Q to see a River/SD as any of those hands will likely check through the river. If these stats were over a larger sample it would be even more reason not to c/call as two bets just isn't enough.

If we C/R and get 3-bet our chances of being best go down considerably and at the same time it might be so aggressive a move that we lose villain
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 AM

Dont play like a pussy when you have a hand that big.

If you had a weak Q or J then fair enough.