Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: a 10\\20nl hand that had me thinking afterwards.

I would raise on the flop but not push. You probably have the best hand at this time. If you raise and he push you will probably have to call. But I would make a raise that would give him the wrong odds to call if he is on a draw. The goal in poker is to provoke your opponent into making a mistake. If you push all-in and he dont have more then top pair he will probably fold which means you will have provoked him into making the right decision by pushing all-in. I think a lot of players in this situation will strongly consider pushing all in because they feel that if a scare card comes they wont know what to do. But that is just bad poker in my opinion. The best you can do in poker is to pick the play that max your expectation in the current situation. The dillemma of scare card coming on the turn is a concern but it should not get in the way of you trying to max your expectation.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: a 10\\20nl hand that had me thinking afterwards.

either raising or flatting is fine. the decision should be based on your image and your willingness to gamble on a blank turn.