Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Nevada vs New Mexico St. tonight.

Nevada (-7.0) @ New Mexico State (o/u 68) Let the discussion begin.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Nevada vs New Mexico St. tonight.

2u Nev -7
3u u68.5
Old 11-02-2007, 12:13 PM

From the other thread:

Nevada -5
Under 68 (2 units)

And adding:

NMSU Under 31 -115
Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 PM

2u Nevada -6.5 -110
1u U68

and now that Aus has it on his card, I might be interested in NMSU U31 -115...
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM

i can see why you guys say Nevada especially since they played and practically beat Boise State and NMS got blown out by Hawaii last week but NMS is tough at home (5-0) with wins over Idaho and UTEP. And Nevada is not that great on the road (1-3) with the only win against a terrible Utah State team and only beat them by 3. All that said im probably still on Nevada tonight but its some things to think about.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Also, Nevada had an incident on campus this week with some murders. An O-lineman's brother allegedly killed some people. Could be a distraction. As I said in the other thread, I'm banking a huge a amount on NMSU not being able to put up 31 on 4.5 days rest coming back from Hawaii with their best playmaker out for the season. Their starting QB is also probable for the game with a head injury. If Holbrook sits, forget about it. They were impotent without him against Boise.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 PM

I dont like the line at -7, it feels like at best I will push. However, the o/u is sweet at 68.5!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can see why you guys say Nevada especially since they played and practically beat Boise State and NMS got blown out by Hawaii last week but NMS is tough at home (5-0) with wins over Idaho and UTEP. And Nevada is not that great on the road (1-3) with the only win against a terrible Utah State team and only beat them by 3. All that said im probably still on Nevada tonight but its some things to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are only 4-0 at home...0-5 on the road. And the quality of opposition is considerably different. Still, being unbeaten at home is enough for one to take notice.
But beating a 1-8 Idaho team at home doesn't exactly impress me even if the Vandals are a bit better than their horrible record.
NMSU barely scraped past a bad ARK-PB team at home 20-17.

But I'm not overly cocky in NEV's ability to win this one running away on the road. The off-campus incident featured several of their players at this party in which 3 people were killed. Big-time distraction for this team I would have to think.
They're clearly the better team and their offense can run up some points and NMSU's D can be borderline non-existent at times. But I just don't know if they're good enough to warrant betting on them to win by 7+ on the road.

If they get rolling though their offense could really light up these guys. NMSU's defense has pretty much played dead against a few of the better offenses they have faced allowing 44, 55, 58, 50 in their 4 worst performances, all on the road, vs. NM, AUB, BSU, HAW.

When they get clobbered they get clobbered good. So taking NEV might not be such a lousy play but I'm just not sure I think it's worth doing.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

In the other games tonight I am taking:

TEM +9
TEM +275
AKR +7
Old 11-02-2007, 06:05 PM

nev lists the first and 2nd team strongside tackles as out, the WR King as out, and lists starters DE clark, DB anaya,LB Magua as out.

except for one game, the qb at nmste completes passes in the 70% region, and is rated 6th in the country through the air. how the loss of WR C. williams will influence this i don't know, but the other wideout shows good stats, and the TE very good. the qb is listed as probable despite a head trauma.

also, nmste is playing on what amounts to 5 days rest; and the plane trip to and from hawaii must have made an impact. their linebacking corps is makeshift, with all three early season starting LB's on the sidelines.

difficult game to predict all in all.

-tlt