Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Another \"Stars is a rock garden since UIGEA\" post.....

There was a good post in the latest "poker stars is rigged" thread by MicroBob that has spawned this one.( #11582444) I figured that I would start a new thread since this really has nothing to do with rigging because I don't believe stars is rigged and believe that most if not all of the people who think this or that is rigged or the dealer is out to get them just lack a fundamental understanding of variance. Which is messed up considering how this site has an absolutely sick amount of good information.

Anyway that BS aside I have found even the micro stakes cash games on stars to be harder to beat. Now granted, I understand some of you have posted that this idea is ridiculous. I respect that, however I think those people who say that are better players than me. I am around a 3-4 PTBB (pre UIGEA) player and have only been playing for about 3-4 years. From what I understand an excellent player can sustain 8. So that I guess makes me an average player. Which I think is why I am finding them harder to beat.

Before the UIEGA while these games were not like party poker, you could still find juicy games. Now, while I can still beat them, its at a much smaller rate and its just does not seem worth the time. Now granted I have more hands played pre UIGEA so it could be variance, but it just doesnt feel like it, if that makes sense. The games are just tight. I am finding that I am changing tables much more often, its like you get to a decent table with a good average pot size, and within 10-30 minutes its down to the point where its time to change tables.

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Its gotten to the point where I have just stopped playing the cash games and have found the Turbo SNG's to be good. Usually I like to have an even mix between cash games and sng's, but right now i just play the turbo's. They contain the massively horrendous plays that I look for in a game.

Are any of you out there sustaining 8 PTBB on stars cash games? If you have had a similar experience, have you found any adjustments to work for you?

It doesn't seem to be much better on full tilt. Thank god for the 45 turbo's on Stars.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Another \"Stars is a rock garden since UIGEA\" post.....

The HU SnG's are still filled with donkies.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 PM

As are the HU Cash games.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM

Harder to beat but still beatable though perhaps not for 8 PTBB. I think if you get 4 or 5 these days, you're doing pretty good for yourself.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 AM

yea I feel the same way, pokerstars microstakes are tight as hell. It's ridiculous, people are playing with nickels and dimes like it's 5 or 10 dollar bills. It's like the whole site is fulla set miners. It's impossible to find a table without more than half the table being at 16vpip or less.

The sng's seem to have a decent amount of donks but the cash games are a just way too tight, the reward vs the effort required for microstakes cash games on pokerstars is just not worth it.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 AM

I agree, i beat 25NL and 50NL last year for 8bb and 7bb, this year i have only beaten 50NL for 2bb/100 and it really does seem much tighter. I have shifted my focus to MTTs and 180s tho and there still seems to be some opportunity there.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 AM

Are you guys talking FR or 6ix max? I'm still finding tables in the 30s and even 40s VPIP up to NL200 with regularity
Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 AM

I agree with some of the points. The micro (penny/dime blind) tables seem kind of tight for the stakes. Live games also put the internet games to shame. However, I think you guys are giving the cash game players a little to much credit. Sure its not the same as it was, but do you expect people who spew hand after hand to be there forever feeding you money. Adjust and stop giving them so much credit because they call ur big raise with crap instead of pushing like the old days. Even the worst degens. will wize up after a while, doesn't make them winners. They will still make mistake after mistake.

I am also pretty sure if I didn't play more than 4 tables 8bb/100 would be eazy at $25nl and a peice of cake below that.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:51 AM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

My guess is that everyone who complains about the games becoming tighter actually play a very tight game themselves.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 AM

Ya I agree with mungpo,

You stupid nits get what you deserve, your tight ass style of play does to the tables the very thing that you hate, tightens them. Well you are a cause of it, if you want to change that play lag, [censored] tards.