Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 AM

Default 1k-2k NL/PLO Trip Report

Wow, first of all, aba is the man. He was down $1.2 mill vs Sammy (overall) at one point, and he rallied back to being a 500k winner. BT has good nerves, he'll be at the top for awhile.

I pulled a bit of a hit and run. I went up 383,000 in four and half hours or so and decided to bail. I had 55% of myself (I had a much higher % when I played Sammy heads-up).
I decided to bail b/c the game got really deep and I knew that I'd be afraid to make moves in huge pots.

Aba pulled a 220k turn bluff on bobby baldwin and bobby moved in for 400k more with an unknown hand (he claimed later that it wasn't very strong).

The game bumped to 1k-2k just before I sat down. I objected to two changes: 1) Sammy wanted to make it PLO only and 2) DB wanted to make it 1k-2k, 1k ante. The game was uncapped.

I made two 45-60k bluffs that worked. In one of the first pots, I called Sammy's all-in in PLO and he said, "I'm dead." Pot's 250k so that sounds good to me. I'm thinking, "dude, I have an overpair and a flush draw, how can you be dead" but sure enough we run it twice and Sammy couldn't hit two boards that were worlds apart.

I played a pot with Benyamine where I opened AsAc and he called from the BB. Flop came AxJs8s. He checks I bet 80% of pot. Turn is 6s. Db leads for 40k, I move in for about 45k more. I don't know what he had, but I think he was drawing thin or dead. AxQs or something.

I think I'm going to wake up early and see if the game is going at 5am or so.

Results.... from time I sat, Sammy down approx 500, bobby baldwin up 500, brian down 400 (but up fairly big on session), serb up 150ish, john hennigan unknown, DB down 150.

BA
Old 06-08-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: 1k-2k NL/PLO Trip Report

so so so so sick. how long they been going today?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:11 AM

Awesome...thx Brandon!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:21 AM

God I hope I can be a degen like you guys someday.

Is Sammy down 500 including both the HU with aba and the 1k/2k or is this just the game you played in?

How did the game get not HU? Someone randomly sat? Or was it a few of the ones that wanted to play came over at once? I would be sort of surprised if just one person came in and "interrupted" the HU when it is obvious they wanted to play each other. However if it was just Baldwin I assume neither of them would care.

Is aba gonna keep playing Sammy HU for their "grudge match" or is this going to be 3+ handed for a while now?

Sorry for so many questions, but smallstakes grinders like me need to live vicariously through the posts of megaballas on internet message boards in these situations, especially when finals are closing in on me.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 AM

great report
Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 AM

Great report.

The game sounds sick as hell. I thought it was just aba + farha HU tho. How much cash was on the table?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 AM

sick sick sick
Old 06-08-2007, 02:30 AM

This is so sick.
Cool to hear Bobby Baldwin playing.

1k/2k 1k ante would be sick.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:32 AM

the sicko benyamine wants to play 1k/2k 1k ante....now thats a real degen...he is my new hero
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the sicko benyamine wants to play 1k/2k 1k ante....now thats a real degen...he is my new hero

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just sick. Wow...I can't imagine how big the pots would get in an uncapped game!