Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Is anyone worried about their money in poker sites?

This is a nasty situation. It is difficult to get money out of poker sites. There was the problem with Neteller. Was for me, as I got everything out. What if something else happens and there is a run on the poker sites? On the one hand, you want to keep some bankroll in the sites, as it is difficult to get money in or move it between sites, but you also don't want too much their, for fear you will have trouble getting it out. Plus it is not easy getting money out now.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Is anyone worried about their money in poker sites?

betgo- I realize now I have a little bit too much BR on sites for the stakes I play. I will probably give it a week or so and hope things become a little easier to cashout.
I don't worry about the sites I have $ on: ABS/UB/FT/Stars/WSEX...If they ever decide to leave the US market I believe they will find a way for all US players to receive their money. All these sites would still be in the online poker market...How would it look to other countries if they didn't payout the US players? I did signup for Epass but expect it to be a couple of weeks before I can try to cashout using it.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 AM

I removed all my money from every poker site except for UB (because I have an enormous amount of stacked bonuses there that will keep me busy for a long time)

I kept just enough at UB to keep me in action.

I feel that because of the bonuses I can earn, I am getting good odds on my remaining deposit that the site will remain open and I will be able to cash out for quite awhile. But I think it's obviously at risk for getting tied up at any point.

The reality is, I am waiting for some of the poker players associated with sites like UB and FT to get picked up eventually. If they are busting people associated with sports gambling and neteller, it's just a matter of time before we see the biggest names in poker in trouble also.

I think you have to be crazy to keep a lot of money at a variety of poker sites.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm not comfortable keeping a bunch of money online anymore. I was lucky and got all my money out of Neteller without any major problems, but the days of keeping the majority of my roll online are over.

I cashed out everything except a bare-minimum roll at Stars, that I am happy to patiently build. It's enough so that I can play, but if those funds got frozen tomorrow I would not really care too much. The vast majority of my poker proceeds (literally, over 96%) are now sitting safely in the bank.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:31 AM

While I enjoy playing at Stars or FT, my play is sheerly recreational, and the amounts I have on deposit are sized proportionally (like 20 here, 30 there). I read people here talk about many thousands they have on deposit, and I'm like, unless you are well-off or doing it for a living, that's not very smart. But as someone else mentioned, the fact that the sites operate globally means that they need to think about players outside the US, as well - which means that if they start defaulting to US players, Europeans and others will also want to pull out.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:52 PM

I do play fulltime although not entirely online, and I have reduced the amount I have online in case anything else unexpected happens. After the Neteller experience I don't want to take chances as to having problems extracating my funds. I assume sites will be developing more ways to get money to and fro. I also figure if I have to, I can regenerate my online bankroll through play.