Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Wrap in multi-way pot in Position (.5/1 on Full Tilt)

Can't get the converter to work today so I am going to try to type this out.

-UTG is moderatley loose and somewhat aggressive post flop. Could be decent but not enough hands to know for sure.
-CO is very loose and pretty aggressive.
-SB is new to the table.

7 Handed on Full Tilt

UTG (200) Raises 3.5
CO (232) Calls
I (235) Call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB (80) Calls

Flop (15) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I check after some time.

Turn (~15) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I pot it. SB calls everyone else folds.

River (42.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB takes a little bit of time then leads for 25.

River is not super interesting but curious if you call or fold this as a default with no reads.

I'm really most interested in hearing about the flop action here. I think there are quite a few things to think about and in this spot I think it is a good place to mix it up some by betting sometimes and checking sometimes. I want to know if people feel the same or if they are pretty much always betting (or checking) in this spot. If you mix it up what sort of ratio would you guess? If not what are your primary reasons for betting or checking?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Wrap in multi-way pot in Position (.5/1 on Full Tilt)

I am betting that flop quite often, especially with position, when checked to. If the table is tight, this often allows you to knock out a naked A-Q, narrow the field (or pick up the small pot with the draw) and gets you a free river when you whiff on the turn.

Actually, I am only rarely checking this flop with that kind of draw after it gets checked to me. Obviously, I hate my hand if I get called and a Ten fall, but everything else makes for pretty easy play through the remainder of the streets.

I'll fire on a turn blank depending on the opponent and their propensity to slowplay or call down with top two and my mood.

River is kind of a toss-up. It is pretty easy to imagine some multiway draw for SB that now has you beat. It is also easy to imagine that you are splitting or ahead. I don't think a call here is the worst thing in the world.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Wrap in multi-way pot in Position (.5/1 on Full Tilt)

Im always betting that flop with that hand from any position. If its checked to me on the button, Im 110% betting. My two primary reasons for betting are, firstly theres a very good chance Ill win the pot right now. Secondly, I want to bet my strong draws and made hands in a similar fashion and this is a strong draw.